can i lower my car??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

simple, actually. get the car cornerweighted. if you "slam" the car, all you do is screw up the handling. :blink:

Originally posted by Rodney@Sep 16 2003, 02:42 PM
simple, actually. get the car cornerweighted. if you "slam" the car, all you do is screw up the handling. :blink:

That doesn't tell you how much he can lower it.

Below 2" will mess with your camber, other than that, you can go as low as your wallet will allow, as too low and you will need body mods to fit the tires under.

umm, do you even know what cornerweighting involves? alrighty then.

how am i supposed to give him a inch or mm number, when first off i have no idea what suspension is in his car? if he got it cornerweighted by a professional, they would set it up so it had the correct weighting on the diagonals (wheels) and i doubt they would lower it to the point of no suspension travel. as much as his wallet allows? why is that? because if he slams it, he will go through more shocks than the state of california? :(

Originally posted by Rodney@Sep 16 2003, 06:03 PM

Actually ass, I know exactly what it is, but he was asking "how much" can he lower his teg. Not how much can I lower it and still have a good set up. so no, you didn't answer the damn question.

yea i meant how much i can lower is in inches or millimeter. my motor hangs a lil more then stock. im thinkin about sporting tokico illumina strust all around and progress springs. good idea or not?

heres an idea :idea:

measure your clearance now
check how low the springs you want will set you ... compare the two numbers... subtract some for spring compression... that will give you an idea of where you will sit and how in danger of botoming out you will be

My DC/H22 is running on the 94-95 GSR rims with 195-50-15s and (currently) Eibach ProKits and KYB AGX shocks - I don't scrape driveways, I've never bottomed the shock even on HUGE road dips, and I've only bonked the oil pan once on a speed bump. You don't want to go super low - trust me. My EG/H22 was dumped on Neuspeed Race and (during an unfortunate time) 14" steels and I rubbed off so much of the oil pan from "normal driving" that it sprung a leak. Bye-bye perfectly-sealing oil pan, bye-bye expensive synthetic oil, bye-bye clean undercarriage, bye-bye header, almost bye-bye engine, etc. You get the picture.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Sep 16 2003, 02:37 PM-->
@Sep 16 2003, 06:03 PM

Actually ass, I know exactly what it is, but he was asking "how much" can he lower his teg. Not how much can I lower it and still have a good set up. so no, you didn't answer the damn question.

Actually ass, I know exactly what it is

ok, i was nice. listen up fucktard, no wonder no one comes around these boards is because of assholes like you. moron. :wacko:

he didnt ask about cornerbalancing
he asked about how much he could lower it

cornerbalancing the car has absolutly nothing to do with ride hight... all cornerbalancing is for is evening out weight distributions so the car will handle the same under left or right cornering

the fact that he is putting an H22 in a integra alone tells you he isnt too woried about handling

stop being an asshole

an h22 in an integra doesnt make suspension go to hell. it makes for a lil bit of understeer taht u dont even notice. and BUDDYGLASS! u got power steering in ur car???i got a/c but no p/s. tryin to find out if i can get it

The h22 most certainly does fuck with the suspension. First of all, spring rates, the dampening, etc of the front suspension is nearly entirely based on the weight of the engine. There are plenty of other factors that go in, but engine weight is huge. Also, nobody here knows how far you can lower your car. It depends on what suspension your running, where you live, what the car is for, etc. As a general rule of thumb, anything below 2'' is pretty pointless as far as performance goes in a Honda.

Originally posted by Rodney+Sep 17 2003, 12:41 AM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 16 2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Rodney@Sep 16 2003, 06:03 PM

Actually ass, I know exactly what it is

ok, i was nice. listen up fucktard, no wonder no one comes around these boards is because of assholes like you. moron. :wacko:

If you'd like, I'll hold your shoes while you stick your foot in your ass. The reason more people don't come to boards is there is a lot of BS, like "dude cornerbalanceing your car will till you how much you can lower it." He didn't ask anything about cornerbalancing,

and this....

Originally posted by Rodney Posted: Sep 16 2003@ 06:03 PM

...is hardly nice, it is condecending, and presumptuous. If he had asked "how much can I lower my car and still have a useable suspension set up that will last" ok, but

h22poweredgsr Posted on Sep 16 2003
@ 09:09 PM
yea i meant how much i can lower is in inches or millimeter.

Sooo...

s3ea83df2cd269.jpg

Sorry about the life sized pics. Mod - please resize.

This is a pic of my civic dropped 4". I have driven plenty of cars in my life and have never felt a car that handled better. Yes, that includes a porsche 911, my parents 2002 M5 and a 308 GTS Ferrari. This shot is with the ground controls all the way down, tokiko HPs, suspension tech. sways, and GAB front and rear strut bars. So :fuckyou: to all the guys that don't go past 2". All you need is a camber kit. Actually, even with a camber kit pushed all the way out I still got shitty tread wear. But it handled well. :ph34r:

h22poweredgsr - just drop it 2" and get on with it. Any more than that and you will smack the ground with that motor.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 17 2003, 02:55 PM
We can't resize in YOUR gallery. That's your job.

Bah. I'm at work and there is no paint/graphic program on this computer. Fuck it then.

so when did the post go from "how much i can lower a h22 integra" to handling problems?? I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH I CAN LOWER MY CAR before the car bottoms out. an h22 in an integra hangs a lil lower then the stock motor, im not sure how much, this is y i am asking.

Back