can i make 220+ whp w/stock bore b16a2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oh and dont expect to see 220+ on stock bore. the omni setup was the only b16a ive seen make 200. and there was alot of work done to it.

just get cutom pistons with raised wrist pins. ive seen LS crank in a b16a with LS rods. how? custom pistons with raised wrist pins...

:werd:

<---Using long rods and custom CP pistons with raised wrist pins on my setup. You can special order just about any shelf piston design with a raised wrist pin for a custom piston price, which is usually only about 50-75 more than the shelf piston cost.

oh and dont expect to see 220+ on stock bore. the omni setup was the only b16a ive seen make 200. and there was alot of work done to it.

Not a lot of work in general, just really good head work. Like I said, the head is the major bottleneck in any small displacement, high output engine. Allow it to breathe, and you will be able to make the power.

Edit: Addition of link to Omniman's build: http://m24x.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=2580

Last edited:
I do agree about the head work, look at the B18C5 head. Why does it flow so well? head work! yay!

However, i'm pretty pleased. My stock bore, stock head B16a2 with GSR cams laid down 163whp :)

my gsr with ctr pistons, gsr rods and crank, b16 head w/ s2s2 cams and itr valvetrain, sick tune on crome dynoed at 198 to the wheels w/ no ac or ps. compression was 12.3 with milled head. id find it VERY hard to hit 200 with stock bore b16 imho.

question... why does everyone want to use the b16 head on everything... whats better about that than the gsr head, is it just a better combustion chamber?

Isn't the reason why people who buy b16's is their lower compression then the b18s?edit: And the b16s are easier to tune because fo their low compression so it's easy to boost high. And the b18s have higher compression so it's harder to tune to get the same boost levels, you do get more low end power with a b18.

and i've only seen a b16 break 200 when it's bored.

<noob at all this stuff, so don't flame. just point out i'm wrong.

Last edited:
Back