can i put a 2jz GTE DOHC 5 speed trans toyota supra twin turbo on a 1991 crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i would jus do a b series swap cuz horsepower is nothing. u can get a 200hp b series honda and it will burn alot of twin turbo supras. but u want a 2jz in a crx. that out of this world. no way in hell. if u had a 240sx u could do a 2jz swap cuz of the length of 240sx front.a crx if small up front. n e way. i have a d series wit 180hp automatic and i beat 5.0 stangs. so jus do a b series. it will save so much money and it will save u a car. cuz it will involve so much cuttin aand welding to the frame that it will damage the frame of the car and weaken makin undriveable. so go b series like i am.

i would jus do a b series swap cuz horsepower is nothing. u can get a 200hp b series honda and it will burn alot of twin turbo supras. but u want a 2jz in a crx. that out of this world. no way in hell. if u had a 240sx u could do a 2jz swap cuz of the length of 240sx front.a crx if small up front. n e way. i have a d series wit 180hp automatic and i beat 5.0 stangs. so jus do a b series. it will save so much money and it will save u a car. cuz it will involve so much cuttin aand welding to the frame that it will damage the frame of the car and weaken makin undriveable. so go b series like i am.

Sorry for the thread jack, but I'm interested to know what your motor setup is.

my bad i mean d series. lol. i have a d16y7 beatin 5.0 stangs. i got a drag stage 1 turbo. i got aem cold air intake. apexi n1 exhaust. je low comp pistons i havent got my tuned yet. i also got an AEM adjustable cam stage 1 cams and i forgot the brand of my vavle. i also got a 8lb flywheel.

my bad brutal i have a d16y7. i dont need vtech. waste 2 much gas. i had a 96 accord f22 wit da h22 head. i wated gas like crazy wen da vtech kicked in. my vtech would kick in @ 6500. my engine would rev 2 9k. i dont kno wat my dad 2 it. but it reved 2 9k. i would waste serious gas wen i would race these ricer hondas out by me

i was thinkin about just fixin up a d series engine but the b series is real cheap too and its easy to swap ive been told im also gonna get a turbo its gonna rock

nice. cuz i wanna buy a crx. i found 1. it garage kept since 1992. only 35k original. the guy wants 2gs. i mite buy it or swap my civic 2 a stick. i really love crx's. if u do a b series. keep me informed wit the progress of it. i would like 2 c how it comes out.

i love the crx i got mine for 1,200 it has a lot of miles on it though 2 grand for 1 with 35,000 miles id jump on that deal then i wouldnt have to do a engine swap but hey beggers cant be choosers

i kno. but the guy did the d16y8 swap in it. so ill be good. he did that bak in 1996. wen he caught a lil bit more interest in his crx. but the he left it in his garage. but wen he drove it he says the vtec kicks in @ around 5500. he also installed the vtec controller. i cant wait 2 get it. i hope 2 get on friday cuz on friday my ek civic is goin 2 my bois shop for some audio installation. 2 12' kicker CVR wit 2 jl audio 500watt amps. kickers 6x9 4 way speakers in the rear and kickers 6 1/2 4 way speakers in the front doors. also a new pioneer head unit. cuz the 1 i have now is actin up. but yea man i cant wit 2 get my hands on that CRX. im jus gonna go all out JDM on it. like i am wit my civic right now.

jdm is gresat the motors are cheap the 1 im lookin at the b16a2 has 170 hp and only costs 1,900 bucks and it comes with everything the shipping to here in texas is 254 dollars ill probly get it unless i find a better deal

get that b16a2. dont waste ur time waitin. and thats way cheaper than wat i want 4 my ek. i want a b18c1. cost 323 2 ship 2 florida. get that b16a2. u wont be disappointed in that engine. also try 2 get a hondata chip 4 it. u will surprise alot of SI owners. i speak frm experience. lol!!1

craigslist is garbage. i bought a 92 hatchback and it broke down on me on the way 2 my house. i dont trust craigslist. dont belive if they say the car is perfect. i junked my 92 hatchback last year.

i kno. but the guy did the d16y8 swap in it. so ill be good. he did that bak in 1996. wen he caught a lil bit more interest in his crx. but the he left it in his garage. but wen he drove it he says the vtec kicks in @ around 5500. he also installed the vtec controller. i cant wait 2 get it. i hope 2 get on friday cuz on friday my ek civic is goin 2 my bois shop for some audio installation. 2 12' kicker CVR wit 2 jl audio 500watt amps. kickers 6x9 4 way speakers in the rear and kickers 6 1/2 4 way speakers in the front doors. also a new pioneer head unit. cuz the 1 i have now is actin up. but yea man i cant wit 2 get my hands on that CRX. im jus gonna go all out JDM on it. like i am wit my civic right now.
JDM.gif

Here check this out....guys lives kinda by me.

full drag race crx fully built ****9sec all motor*****
I don't think he wants to buy car, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this thread is about him building a motor, and him buying that motor.
jdm is gresat the motors are cheap the 1 im lookin at the b16a2 has 170 hp and only costs 1,900 bucks and it comes with everything the shipping to here in texas is 254 dollars ill probly get it unless i find a better deal
B16A2 is USDM.
https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/honda-engine-list-29128/
JDM B16's don't have numbers after the 16
You'll also have to convert to OBD2

its not that i dont like crx. i luv em. i dont want a drag car. drag cars r meant 4 da drag track.i want something i can drive on the street.

I know i was just showing him how much it costs to build a car like that an he wanted to put a supra engine in his car with like 6k....that wouldn't ever happen.

Back