can i put a 2jz GTE DOHC 5 speed trans toyota supra twin turbo on a 1991 crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wow, just wow.. i cant believe this thread has made it to 60 posts w/o being locked..

If you can't build a car with an all-motor-monster for under $10k, why should anyone think they can put a 2JZ in a crx with $6k? That's like pocket change compared to the cost it would take, but I think we've already come across this point.

Well I think that by 3 pages, everyone incliding the OP has realized that the original thread was a bad idea. We're over that. Now he wants to learn, so I'm willing to give my .02, and what advice I have. If you still think it's bad, then unsubscribe and don't post anymore :)

This has got to be one of the worst suggestions ever. Who in their right mind would waste money on buying an ITR motor just to fully build it?

to do it thats why, if anything atleast a good set of cams and valvetrain upgrade.

well itr is one of the top swapped engines honda owners crave. and its a super engine. now i c da k20 is startin 2 take over

and the posting continues i guess the name of the thread attracts attention it was pretty dumb i bet i sonded like a shithead LMAO by the way i bought the b16a its on its way

wow after reading this my head hurts, can no one speak or type correctlly anymore?
Haha, type correctly? You didn't capitalize "wow" and you mis-spelled "correctly" :D
Just bustin your balls

and the posting continues i guess the name of the thread attracts attention it was pretty dumb i bet i sonded like a shithead LMAO by the way i bought the b16a its on its way
Congrats, did you get the full setup, as in motor, tranny, axles, ecu, mounts, blah blah blah, or just the motor?

my bad i mean d series. lol. i have a d16y7 beatin 5.0 stangs. i got a drag stage 1 turbo. i got aem cold air intake. apexi n1 exhaust. je low comp pistons i havent got my tuned yet. i also got an AEM adjustable cam stage 1 cams and i forgot the brand of my vavle. i also got a 8lb flywheel.

How do you have an 8 lb flywheel on an automatic? And how long has your car been turbo'd? I'm surprised the transmission hasn't taken a dump on you yet.

Did you buy the b16 with motor and trans and ecu and that's it? For $1900 it sounds like it's missing the axles and shift linkage. And the b16a2/sir2 uses a hydraulic transmission...crx's are cable I think someone correct me if I'm wrong. You bought the 1st gen right?

to do it thats why, if anything atleast a good set of cams and valvetrain upgrade.
to do it? that's the reason? God you are stupid... Do you even realize that the outcome of a fully built motor is gonna be the same regardless if the motor started out as an ITR or a GSR? Why would you spend more money on an ITR if you're gonna fully build it? When you can save like $1500 and just buy a GSR and fully build that? I don't care what the ITR has over the GSR in stock form, the end result of a full build will be the same on both motors... jackass.

Last edited:
uhm yeah... keep it simple. so many people want instant huge horsepower and will throw 6 grand at it. the car is an entire thing. it has a suspension, engine, exterior, interior, brake system. a lot of people who are 'new to this whole thing' don't even realize how it is to change the exhaust with a header and cat-back system. do this first, give it a try, then come back to the boards with more advice. try doing something before you start talking about an engine swap in a car that you know very little about. :)

by the way, in 6 years i spent maybe $4,000 on my 88si and it was a rocket to drive.... n/a d16a6 tuned!! you have no idea how much fun this car can be using d-series...

uhm yeah... keep it simple. so many people want instant huge horsepower and will throw 6 grand at it. the car is an entire thing. it has a suspension, engine, exterior, interior, brake system. a lot of people who are 'new to this whole thing' don't even realize how it is to change the exhaust with a header and cat-back system. do this first, give it a try, then come back to the boards with more advice. try doing something before you start talking about an engine swap in a car that you know very little about. :)

by the way, in 6 years i spent maybe $4,000 on my 88si and it was a rocket to drive.... n/a d16a6 tuned!! you have no idea how much fun this car can be using d-series...

yeah i agree ... i had an a6 out of an 88 si in my hatch ... it was hella fun ....

and now i got a d16z6 and still having fun ...

what i like most is that i can push it to its limit and stuff and not have to worry about spare parts being super expensive.

Back