Can i Put A PM6 bin (ng55_18bar) on a chip to put in a PM7?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

poops87

I have a PM7 Ecu for my 88 ZC can i put the ng55_18bar bin on the EEPROM for it
and Can i use the same stock Map Sensor that came with the 91 CRX DX?

pm7's are a bitch to chip. i'd highly recommend picking up a 90-91 pm6 from the crx si. its much more chip-friendly.

that said, the oem map sensor is 1.8 bar.
ng_55 gen is a little out dated at this point, and the new turboedit won't import it properly, so keep that in mind.

Quoted post[/post]]
pm7's are a bitch to chip. i'd highly recommend picking up a 90-91 pm6 from the crx si. its much more chip-friendly.

that said, the oem map sensor is 1.8 bar.
ng_55 gen is a little out dated at this point, and the new turboedit won't import it properly, so keep that in mind.

How up to date are you on your turboedit? Opensource turboedit will upload an ng55 rom to an ostrich just fine. It's just not supported with any form of datalogging though, which was my problem up until a couple of weeks ago when I switched to the ng60 rom, which I would have done a lot sooner had I had a way of diabling a code 13 myself (90-91 integra's do not have an external PA sensor, hence my throwing a code 13).

That said, I know nothing about pm7's, but definitely get a pm6 if you are planning on tuning with turboedit, and use the ng60 rom. It works great; datalogging, rtp with ostrich and romulator are both supported, as are launch control, one wire vtec, rev limiters, speed governors, o2 disable (well, to some extent), and a few other things. Launch control is the bomb.

WIll a stock PM6 work with my ZC with the original wiring for a dx i have converted to MPFI

What OBD does PM6 have?

I have a stock 91 CRX DX DPI ECu Can i Rig that to work?

pm6 is the 2nd gen crx si ecu, obd0. make sure its only from a 90-91, as the 88-89 ones are a bitch to chip as they have external boards and crap.

the dpfi ecu won't work.

Back