Can I Remove My Fast Idle Valve On My B17a Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importimage

On the JG edelbrock intake manifold, there is no where for the Fast Idle Valve to be bolted onto the intake manifold for coolant to flow through. Can I just bypass the FIT Valve housing and just run a line from the thermostat housing area to a hole in the intake manifold so it runs through. JG claims that this intake manifold is definelty for my car and the B16a. I say that they made this thing stupid....probably will work good though!!!
Please help!!!

That is what I was going to say. :) The Skunk2 manifold requires the same thing. My car has been running happily for 5000+ miles without one.

Thanks for the feedback. How does your car idle at start ups now??

Just like normal, at about 1300 RPM while the engine is cold and it settles in to ~750 RPM as the engine warms up.

actually, the part that makes your car idle higher to warm up is located on the bottom of the throttle body. Mine went out and the car would idle up and down, up and down, etc. Pissed me off really bad because everyone thought I was going to race them. It got so bad that the car would idle at 4-5 grand when you start it up. Definatly bad.

Back