can I stuff 17's or 18's under a 3rd gen civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrenaln

can I get 17 or 18" wheels/tires under my 86 civic hatch? any tire guys out there than can give me offset and wheel widths would be appreciated, ( I do want to be able to slam this thing on the ground too so they need to be able to tuck a little bit under the fender lip thanks very much for the help if you can give it to me :)

ye of little faith lol

I have been building lowriders/airbags/hydraulics/dragrace chassis/roadrace chassis for years :) the lowering is the least of the issue, is just whether I can get wheels to work or not :)

thanks very much for the info

thats what i needed to know thanks guys! :) now I can get some wheels
will post pics after I get it squirted :)

17's on a 3rd gen

I have an 85 civic i just got and i had no problems stuffing 17 x 7 wheels wrapped with 205/40 rubber. the handling difference is black and white if you put low pro tires and big wheels. but lowering it is pretty much out of the question unless you wanna rub. and you have to roll fenders in or else it will slice your sidewall out.

17,s will fit no problem even with the torsion's cranked and the rear springs cut but s.i's or integra fat fives will look way better...16's with 205-40's are the pimp shit though try rota or racing heart,drop n a B16 with a B18 head and your on your way...

17,s will fit no problem even with the torsion's cranked and the rear springs cut but s.i's or integra fat fives will look way better...16's with 205-40's are the pimp shit though try rota or racing heart,drop n a B16 with a B18 head and your on your way...
rolf

Rota or Racing Hart? Talk about opposite sides of the spectrum. Does Racing Hart even make 16s?

wow when i got my 3g it had 16s on it and they had spring spaces in the rear and torsion bars cranked up in the front and they still rubbed stupid people

i remember when this was first posted back in '08 .. :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back