1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i take out my motor and leave my tranny?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by vtecsir1, Dec 27, 2002.

1. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

can i take out my motor and leave the tranny in so i dont have to take out the axles? i just want to swap engines , they are both d series motors.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yes you can- but its easier IMO to take it out... bolting it up in the car sucks. its really up to you though.

3. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

thanks again sol , i only was thinking of this because i am having such a hard time getting the wheel hub nut off to remove the axles, i also want to use the tranny thats on the engine so i just thought it would be easier. i will have an engine hoist if that matters. damn bolts.

4. farmer_jason

farmer_jason Senior Member

it makes it really easy if u stick a screw driver in the rotor slots u dont even have to bend the stopper up just get a long ratchet and stand on it they'll come rite off

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

you dont need to take the hub off the axle... just unbolt the hub from the (?????arm... its 2 bolts on the part that connects to the botom of the hub) and pull... it will come out of the tranny and then you just pull the engine... this is how i did it when i needed to swap blocks... pull the tranny with the engine.... put it back together outside the car and drop it all back in... far easier than trying to get the tranny off and back on the block inside the car

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted