1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I tune with VAFC??

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by bad95civ, Apr 5, 2007.

1. bad95civ

bad95civ AKA SloNewbieRacer

We're gonna drop in my H22a this weekend. How well would I be able to tune it with just a vafc? Or do I have to find somebody that can use a puter to tune? I have JDM H22a with pretty much stock set up. Chipped P-13 ECU (Timing Advance, V-Tec @ 5200, 9200 rev limiter, no speed limiter); 2.5" cat-back exhaust from stock 4-2-1 header. Thanks in advance....

2. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

If you have a chipped ECU why would you use a VAFC? Do you understand what you have?

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

assuming its a generic chip, you're going to need to pull a lot of fuel out of it. you can use the vafc to 'tune' but you're better off getting someone with some software to burn you a custom chip after some street tuning or dyno pulls

4. bad95civ

bad95civ AKA SloNewbieRacer

It's a Jun P-13 ECU. Maybe I don't know what I have (shrug). I think I have a common friend with somebody that has the software and what not to tune it. I just worry about ruining the engine by droppin it in and going with it. Someone said that not getting it tuned could blow it shortly. That's my concern. Thanks.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted