Can I use GS-R Harness on B18c5 engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lastoneleft1001

Hey everyone, I need some help.

I am putting a USDM 2001 b18c5 (type R) engine into my USDM 2001 Integra GS-R. I do not have the usdm b18c5 harness but i do have the usdm b18c1 2001 integra gs-r harness.

My question is this.. Can I use my 2001 usdm B18c1 GS-R harness on my usdm b18c5 engine? I plugged it in, but there are a few differences here and there due to the different intake manifold designs. I am trying to figure out how to connect the iacv, iat, and evap. Do i need to modify the harness? thank you.

you also wont need the extra plug from the iab's in the gsr mani, the itr ecu wont look for it.

Sweet thanks. By any chance do you know what color are the wires for the Iab so I know which to leave unplugged? And I'm planning to use the gs-r ecu or a jdm 98 spec type r ecu, which would be appropriate? Thx

I am not 100% but I do not think you can run the 01 ITR ECU in your GSR. And I wouldn't run the P72 you got now.

I would run a chipped/socketed OBD1 ECU with a base map for your 01 ITR set-up in your shell with a OBD2-OBD1 Jumper Harness and once its running, get it to a dyno-tuner before you start to drive it hard.

You can "run it" with the P72 but its not tunable and wouldn't be the optimal ECU set up to have in terms of tiny tweaks for fuel curves, air/fuel ratio, ignition timing, VTEC engagement, Rev limiter, etc. P72 is for a motor that is similar but IMO also very different in the ways I just wrote of.

IMO, there will be a power loss in comparison to the previous ECU option I wrote about with a good Dyno/Tune

...OBD1 P72 is tuneable, not the OBD2 one ;)

The ITR ECU should work as they're both OBD2(B) and the ITR ECU isn't going to be looking for anything extra so shouldn't throw any codes.

You are right...I apologize. I could of sworn I read that it was a 98 shell. That ITR ECU will work.

Back