1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use my exhaust , intake , Headers from my old motor once I do my B16 swap?

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Gno95, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Gno95

Gno95 New Member

I plan on getting my Civic EX 95 1.6l with the stock D(some one tell me what EG/EK/EJ term I am lol I cant seem to find it :confused:)I got full cat exhaust headers and intake. Will it work with my B16a Sir II? I Have no clue i just dont want to have to purchase all that stuff again...:(. Please help me Im really lost in the swap deal...I just know I want to get rid of the D with the auto...Get a lil more power..n not have to worry since my motor got 130k miles on it. So any skooling or helping will be greatful I know i dont know much and I apologize.:bangdesk:

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

well you can use the intake and exhaust.. the header wont fit

and your car is an EJ

3. Gno95

Gno95 New Member

Thanks , now what kind of header will I need I cant seem to find anything online all i find is parts for the Hatch Si with a D? is that motor in a diff car? or sum? I dont know if its a EG EK EJ or w/e cant seem to find out what my car is even! sigh lol but thanks at least I only have to deal with 400 bucks for a new header isntead of 1.5 in exhaust intake n header lol

4. eg6sir

like i said above your car is an EJ.. and if your doing a b16 swap buy a header for a 95 del sol vtec

5. Gno95

Gno95 New Member

Haha...my bad *sorry* so 95 del sol vtec and that will do it. Here is another question when I go on getting new timing belt , belts , etc. Should I get what is for a 95 del sol? or do I go with a 92-95 hatch? Im so sorry that these are stupid questions..I just really dont know what Im getting into .

Another thing would you happend to know what is a good clutch/flywheel brand..that isnt totally racing oriented and wont brake the bank.

6. eg6sir

well... since you are swapping motors.. you would need a timing belt for a del sol vtec or.. 99-00 Civic SI since no civics came witha b16 untill 99

a swap isnt that big of a deal.. its basically a straight drop in other than the mounts.. which you can use Integra mounts..

7. Gno95

Gno95 New Member

drive a Civic EX 95 ..Automatic : ( i know...I want this: from hmotorsonline...
    16A 92-95 (SiR-II) Complete Change Over
    Price: $ 2250.00 Plus shipping and handling
    Availability: In stock and ready to go

- Motor
    - Hydraulic Tranny (S21, Y21)
    - ECU (P30)
    - Axles with Half Shaft
    - Shift Linkage
    - Stock Motor Mounts *
    - Alternator
    - Starter
    - Clutch
    - Flywheel
    - Intake Manifold
    - Exhaust Manifold
    - Fuel Rail
    - Injectors
    - Distributor
    - Engine Harness
    - Comes With All Sensors Needed
    - LSD Tranny (Optional +$300)

will i need anything special to go from auto to manual? that Im not aware of pedals etc?

8. Metalluthier

Metalluthier Underground Death

The EG6 and EG2 came with JDM B16A SiR II...which is a direct drop into his EJ1

As of now, I too am swapping a B16A SiR II into my EJ1 (95 EX Coupe) and I still dont' know what kind of exhaust system will work with my car. Will a 92-00 Exhaust work with a B16 header and test pipe?

Graveland - The Fire Of Awakening (2003) - 02 - Battle of Wotan's Wolves.mp3 [128Kbps] (08:44)

9. turbo sol

turbo sol I need some ligaments!!!

laurel, montucky (ten minutes out of billings)
    gno95,
    you're gonna need the following:

hydro lines
    the pedals
    shift linkage
    shifter
    new or modified console
    master cylinder
    slave cylinder
    clutch reservoir
    conversion trans mount(for manual trans to auto chassi. found at hasport.com)
    manual starter
    mounting brackets for the hydro lines.

i think this is everything. hope it helps.

10. MoSeS

MoSeS New Member

you will get the exhaust system that is specific to your car, the headers will have to be specific to your engine

11. Metalluthier

Metalluthier Underground Death

THANK YOU!

12. Gno95

Gno95 New Member

Thanks for all the info

Thanks for all the help in bits of info. The swap is still pendin no sense in getting my hopes up if i dont have the money for install -_- lol ...I d do it my self but the tranny swap..is sum I dont seee ma self doing. Yet , thanks guys a bunch . ^_^

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted