1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can it be done?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Hexen, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Hexen

Hexen Senior Member

I was looking at some pictures and noticing the amount of room this guy has in his engine bay.

It's a N/A H22a.... do you think he could even fit a turbo in there?

And if so... there's pretty much no way he has AC or PS is there?

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Yes you can fit a turbo in there and they are working the a/c p/s issue.I don't keep up with H so it maybe solved.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

ac and turbo, no
    turbo and PS, possible.

4. Victa_G

Victa_G Junior Member

i dont really keep up with h series engine swaps, but i'd say puttin a turbo h into a civic is just more trouble than it's worth. I've heard it can be a nightmare to get any h series into a civic. if your gonna go turbo, you might as well just go with what's been proven time and time again and find a b series engine to put in. you could use the money you'd save on any extra work you'd have to have done to get the h to fit and build up a stronger b. since your goin turbo, you'll be able to get as much power as you'd need.

if the car your buildin is for street use, a solid build b turbo will produce more power than you'll be able to run on the street anyways. also, i dont need people flamin me say that you can't have too much power on the street, cause i drove a buddies 500 hp supra, and believe me, drivin something with that much power on the street isn't easy. the car would have a tendency to take off like a rocket, and in traffic it can get tough to keep it under control. there is such a thing as too much power on the street, and anybody who thinks there isn't is definatly gonna wind up wrappin their baby around a tree.

all in all, i'd save yourself all the headaches of messin around with an h swap and just go with the trusty (and perfectly fitting) b series. but hey, if you do manage to get a working h turbo swap, more power to ya...

just my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth

5. paragus

paragus Senior Member

DAMN THREAD FROM THE DEAD.. I JUST NOTICED...LOL

that pretty much sums it up..

and just some food for though
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted