Can someone explain this...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

I wanted someone to explain something to me plz...on the hytech header, what is that part on the primary that is thicker for about 3 inches long and then goes back to the orginal thickness. heres a pick of what im talking about:

http://www.theoldone.com/articles/badtothe...ch_header_2.jpg

is the pipe the same diameter throughout the primary and that bulge is just something so that they can connect the primary in sections...or does the header change its thickness and then go back to the orginal for that 3 inch section. and if so, what purpose does that serve. thanks, this has been really bothering me.

Maybe it is so the first pipe can fit inside of the next piece of pipe? Like they expanded the second piece a little bit at the start. It looks like what they do with exhaust tubing sometimes to join them together.

so basically its still the same diameter throughout the primary

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 30 2004, 12:47 AM
Yeah, it's just different sections of pipe- it's the same ID all the way through.
[post=396592]Quoted post[/post]​

heh, people looking for the answer to the question in this thread might not know that "ID" means "interior diameter" ;) .

those bulges are called anti-reverberation chambers... they keep pulses from the previous cycle from pushing against the next at certain rpm's.... usually this occurs at higher rpm and sometimes you can see a little dip on the dyno where these occur...

Originally posted by wannaberacer@Sep 30 2004, 03:16 PM
those bulges are called anti-reverberation chambers... they keep pulses from the previous cycle from pushing against the next at certain rpm's.... usually this occurs at higher rpm and sometimes you can see a little dip on the dyno where these occur...
[post=396661]Quoted post[/post]​

golf clap to you sir :worthy:

Back