Can someone PLEASE shed some light for me?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazinsrt

First off Yes, I am new here. I also know nothing about the civic that I just got. The main purpose for the car is to save gas.

I have a 89 civic hatch si. It hasnt been running due to a cut distributor wire. First off there was one wire that didnt match. Its a yellow wire with green stripe on it comming off the distributor and the wire coming out of the harness was plain white. So to make a long story short the car would turn over strong but not fire. Well I did a compression test and found #1-118 #2-60 #3-60 #4-180.

Now I am a picky person when it comes to putting stuff together and this is no different. I had planned on rebuilding this motor any way so out it came. I found out the engine code on the motor is ZC. I have read just about every info post that pissedoffsol has posted, but like I said I have no clue what I am even looking at. I know that the car is a EF series and the motor that should be in here is a D16A6. My question is what obd is this motor and/or what obd is the car? Also if I were rebuild this motor should I or do I need to find the right stuff for a ZC motor or can I use parts from a D16A6?

Oh as for the motor it is all in pieces right now and everything looks just fine. I really think it just needs a head gasket, but I want to just renew everything since im in there.

My main concern is the parts to use and the wiring of the distributor.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back