can these speakers be installed?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evil2u

just bought sony xplod xs-r5743 5x7 speakers and sony xplod xs-r6943 6x9 speakers. Would i be able to install both of these speakers into my accord lx 07 4 dr sedan? Need help asap, a noob to this whole speaker thing.
thanks for all the help

In terms of balance of sound (and having front doors with rear deck lid speaker set up like most Accords).....
You want the front speakers to be larger than the rear speakers otherwise the balance of sound will be dominated by the rears and kinda suck.

I haven't been into big car stereos since I was a teenager (which means I don't know the limits of a 2007 Honda Accord......b/c I am getting old)

But on Crutchfield......it talks about 5-1/4" and 6-1/2"
So that tells me that I would put 6-1/2" Components I would be a high end for the front and a mid/low end for the rear ('cuz I am a cheap bastard lol)

I am guessing that your Accord rear deck lid has stock grills that are essentially for a 6-1/2.
You could "probably" get a 6X9 in there (I am pretty sure I could) but the sound would be constricted by the 6-1/2" grill/opening
Or you work some magic and get aftermarket grills on the upholstered rear deck lid
But it would still dominate the balance of sound for the driver and people in the rear would get blasted

If you could take them back and spend more money, I say (4) 6-1/2" components and a ported 10" single 4-ohm on a 5-channel amp or (1) 4-channel for the mids/highs and (1) 2-channel for the sub

Edit: the 5X7's can "probably" make there way into the front doors (depending on the depth of them/where the window comes to and your ability to mod the way they mount)

Co-axles (what you have) are not the best for clarity of sound. But they will do fine and usually sound better than components when you are only use deck power.

Last edited:
if it requires cutting your doors and stuff just ditch the explodes and get the right size speakers.
no sense in cutting up a car when you can do it the right way and save yourself a world of headache.

Back