Can this be done???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Can you put a 86-89 integra d16a1 head on a d16a6 block???My friend just broke his si head and has a d16a1 head laying around. searched but couldnt find anything.Thanks

Originally posted by 4drcivicb18a@Mar 9 2005, 05:06 PM
Can you put a 86-89 integra d16a1 head on a d16a6 block???My friend just broke his si head and has a d16a1 head laying around. searched but couldnt find anything.Thanks
[post=471387]Quoted post[/post]​

If there both SOHC you will be fine. Thoug hyou may want to look into compression ratios and what not just to make sure, and also for clearance. But yeah basicly the heads can be switchs on just about any of the honda blocks, you just got make sure there from the same style block IE dohc to dohc, and SOHC to SOHC. And no you can put a DOHC Vtec head on a DOHC ZC. The DOHC ZC is a tihng to itself.

The only other thing i can think of is cimplications with the harness connectors, If the cars are different OBD. The integra is OBD0, im not sure about the a6 engine though.

What year is his car and is it the origanl engine?

D16A1 = DOHC d series motor... kinda like a crappy USDM lower compression version of the JDM DOHC ZC that nets 130-140 horse...

no the head will NOT bolt onto a D16A6 block...

look around for another A6 head, people throw them out after a mini-me swap etc... dime a dozen for the whole A6 motor...

Thanks alot for opinions

I talk to the kid a little bit ago he said he bolted to up using si bolts and said it bolted up but dont know if its going to run.

Is this true? can it really be done. I dont think it wil run even if it did bolt up

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 9 2005, 05:41 PM
D16A1 = DOHC d series motor... kinda like a crappy USDM lower compression version of the JDM DOHC ZC that nets 130-140 horse...

no the head will NOT bolt onto a D16A6 block...

look around for another A6 head, people throw them out after a mini-me swap etc... dime a dozen for the whole A6 motor...
[post=471402]Quoted post[/post]​

lol WOW i didint know there was a USDM D series DOHC

yea, its craptacular...

bolts into a first gen crx...
pretty easy swap, and lots o fun to drive...

86-87 = 113 hp brown valve cover, vacuum advanced distributor
88-89 = 118 hp, black valve cover, slightly higher compression, lighter rods...

they say you can use the D16A1, with ZC internals to make a 140 hp non vtec dohc d series

I talk to the kid a little bit ago he said he bolted to up using si bolts and said it bolted up but dont know if its going to run.

Is this true? can it really be done. I dont think it wil run even if it did bolt up

hmmmmm....
according to every site i researched when i was considering this same thing everyone said it cannot be done...
keep us informed on this one...
did he match headgaskets?

Back