1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Valve ticking effect performance???

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by allmotorB16A, Aug 17, 2006.

1. allmotorB16A

allmotorB16A New Member

I know I need to get my valves ajusted a.s.a.p. but i'm curious. Can the ticking of the valves effect the performance of my B16A JDM motor.:confused: Can driving it everyday effect the motor??

2. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

valve lash commonly known as ticking does not reallly have any affect on the performance of the engine unless the ticking is really really bad, if it is too far out of adjustment, then your valves will not open as far as they should and they won't stay open as long as they should. Your best bet is to just have them adjusted and don't worry about it.

3. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

oh yah, and yes, if left for too long like really long (years) the rockers will develop flat spots from slapping the cam (that is the tick you hear)

4. allmotorB16A

allmotorB16A New Member

Thanx for the advice bro' and also the valves just started ticking about a month ago so i think i shouldn't worry too much. Thanx again for the advice.:D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted