Can you drive without the 02 sensor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bistec

Project EH23
As the title says, can you do it? If no or yes what are the pronblems? Thanks

Im glad you took it that way!

But yeah its not a very good idea to do so, youll run way to rich.

ahh dont be a pussy...mine hit the shitter and i dint replace it for 5 months.....then again..my car overheated on a regular basis after that due to a blown head gasket, but there is no proof that the two were related ; )

to the contrary belief...

my old black mirage passed smog with two dead o2 sensors three years in a row. needless to say i was always running rich... but that motor was just a little worked. slight head porting, intake mani and plenum port, big TB.

if you are running any type of tuning program on your ecu, you can disable the o2 sensor reading if your car is already tuned, but i would never recommend it.

if you are running any type of tuning program on your ecu, you can disable the o2 sensor reading if your car is already tuned, but i would never recommend it.

if you have a tuning program, depending on the setup, it is sometimes better to run off the tune and not use the o2 sensor....that is how im doing it this spring....would hate for a o2sensor to go bad, and blow my engine.....

i ran my gsr swap for one year with out the o2 senor and just replaced it nothing happen

yeah but what about weather changes?

the o2 sensor only reads o2 in the exhaust gas. there are a lot of other sensors like IAT, engine coolant temp, and plenty more that determine a/f ratios during weather changes like temp drops and density. a wideband o2 sensor in a heavily tuned car say with boost is needed to tune and is always good for reference. i would never run my boosted car without a wideband o2 sensor readout. a stock narrowband on the other hand can be disabled on tuning programs without any complications and will not necessarily effect the drivability.

Back