Can you fit a Nissan engine in a Honda?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

STitch626!!!!!

STitch!!!!!
is it possible to fit a Nissan engine in a Honda Civic with out having to do a lot of cutting?

is it possible to fit a Nissan engine in a Honda Civic with out having to do a lot of cutting?
NO...and why? Just go buy a damn Nissan. I've seen SR20's in hatches (with the RWD) but it's a lot more work than you sound capable of.

if you want rear wheel drive then just use the engine out of a s2000, at least that way you will still be honda powered

if you want to run a nissan engine............ get a nissan
if you want RWD.......... buy a fucking RWD car

yes cross brand engine swaps have been done since the begining of the automobile...... but as others have already stated... if you have to ask then its not something you are capable of
yes FWD cars have been converted to RWD but again... if you have to ask then its not something you are capable of
cars FF cars have also been converted to MR.... if you have to ask then its not something you are capable of

in the end go buy a car that is set up for what you want and mod fom there

god damnit why did i just waste my time typing all of that out
:beat:

^^ because its the truth and needs to be said.. :thumbsup:

info ...
I believe most honda motors turn opposite of most others brands including nissan = lotsa fabrication.
best'o'luck

info ...
I believe most honda motors turn opposite of most others brands including nissan = lotsa fabrication.
best'o'luck

doesnt matter since it would be a full custom install anyways, the tranny could be on either side and not matter.

Man... I thought asking for suggestions was the first step in figuring out how to do the swap?

I could be wrong here, but hell... I know all of you who've done honda engine swaps had to ask certain things prior to attempting it.

That being said, buy a 240sx. Swap a sr20de and be happy.

I have seen SR20DE swaps in EG hatches before... Custom mounts, custom axles, custom wiring...
sr20de is front wheel drive though so it isn't that big of a deal. it's making it rwd that is hard.

+3 for RDM. how many members still remember what that is though???

simple answer...you can put whatever kind of engine you want in any given vehicle...its just all about how much work youre willing to do and how much money youre willing to spend...there is a crx around with a 350 corvette engine in it...not that i would recommend it...lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back