Can you fit a Nissan engine in a Honda?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you need to ask then you're not capable of the swap
+1

if you want rear wheel drive then just use the engine out of a s2000, at least that way you will still be honda powered
You there, out of the gene pool!

+1 for rdm
:werd:

Man... I thought asking for suggestions was the first step in figuring out how to do the swap?

I could be wrong here, but hell... I know all of you who've done honda engine swaps had to ask certain things prior to attempting it.

That being said, buy a 240sx. Swap a sr20de and be happy.
Quit bitching, James.

I figured somebody would have pointed out the "this forum is not for tech posts" rule by now.

Anyways...yeah, this is a dumb idea. Not that it's a dumb idea overall, but you obviously aren't equipped to even consider it.

Consider this though. The K20 motors are awesome to tune and people are swapping them into other car makes now. Super Street featured a K20 powered MR2 in a recent issue.

Why not just ditch the Nissan idea and go for a K20. Great motor and you keep it in the family. Hasport will have the mounts and wiring harness you need to make it happen, and I bet you'd still come out on top cost wise over doing a full custom Nissan motor swap in a Civic.

I'm going to kindly close this down.

ANYTHING is possible.

If you do decide to do something crazy like this, just be sure to:
A- have the financial backing
B- the technical know-how (pretty much NO ONE else will be able to help you)
C- another car to tote your ass to work in, as your car will be in the garage for a long... long... time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back