Can you fix headers?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PaternityTest

Ive owned my honda for about a month it appears the previous own bottomed out and put a couple large dents in my header dc 4/2/1 where they start to curve under the car : before they connect to the cat. Can this be fixed ? Would it be as simple as cutting out the two dented parts and placing new pipes ?

Unless it is severly affecting your exhaust flow, I would say it was fine, 75% of headers get road rash without a guard or skid plate. At worst, it's restricting flow to the cat, if it's that bad, just replace it.

dont think its highly restricting the flow its just where they bend they seem to thin anyway that was was my primary concern but thanks

dont waste the time cutting it out and rewelding new metal, go buy a $5 body work dent puller with a screw tip on it, then drill a few holes into the dent and pull them, then just cover the screw holes w/ welding tacs

if you even care that much- unless there is a hole through the piping i wouldn't even worry about it- But that's just MO

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Sep 7 2004, 05:46 PM
if you even care that much- unless there is a hole through the piping i wouldn't even worry about it- But that's just MO
[post=386998]Quoted post[/post]​

I've seen it done, but it was on the Bisimoto style/Eriks Racing style, I know the fabricator who manufactures them and he just replaced the section between the merge collector and cat, came out looking clean on that header, but might be a different story on the DC, ALSO, this was on an All motor Pro Stock car, so on I street car I would not worry about it

yeah exactly, i'm sure i could weld in new pipe if need be, but on a street car, i don't see it being a big problem, particularly because it got dented from street driving, and if fixed, it will more than likely end up dented again-

Back