Can you jump an P2E (96-98 dx)??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I may be asking a question that has been answered, but I can't seem to find it. I have a 96 civic coupe dx and want to know if I can jump the ecu to read the CEL. If anyone here knows how please let me know. No information will be too obvious for me. Thanks.

look in the refrence or articles section on how to read cel's

i think they tell how to jump it in there maybe?
click forums then look in the first section on the top

I looked in the reference section already it shows how to jump civic ecu's 93+ but from what I'm hearing from friends is that you can't jump obd2 ecu's. I need to know if someone has tried and succeeded at this. But I do appreciate the help, the reference pages have been a great help to me.

I guess I'm confused or I don't know how to speak properly. I just want to know if its possible to jump my ecu to read the CEL codes. I don't understand the last two posts^^^^^^^ "Service plug" which wires need to be connected to jump it, what color are the wires?????

Here's a handy chart for pulling your ECU codes. Pulling the code is a fairly easy process.
For 92+ Honda's and 94+ Acura's:

Before you can start reading the CEL (check engine light) in your dash, you need to 'jump' your ecu. Here's how.
Located the factory two-pin connector of brown and black wires near the ECU on Civics del Sols and Integra's, or behind the center console for Preludes and Accords. Pull that 2-pin out of the main harness. Using a wire or paper clip as a jumper, connect the outputs of the harness together, so that the black wire and the brown wire make a circuit. Once this is jumped together, the dash will start the light show, so its a good idea to jump first, then turn to on.

For 88-91 Honda's and 86-93 Acura's:

The ECU's on these cars actually have a neat little window right on the computer case. No need to jump here- just turn it to on, and watch it right there through that window.

For both steps above, the output will be in a Morse code style of long and short lights. For example, 2 long, pause, 3 short is 23.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The above information was retreived from the reference pages "pissedoffsol", wanted to know if the service plug is on the ecu or is it located near the ecu? Because I can't seem to get it right. :angry:

Okay I've finally found it, I pulled the ecu and found a green plug and in that green plug was another small plug with 2 wires. I stuck a paper clip into each side of the plug, and turned the key. The CEL blinked 10 times then blinked once. What code is that? Also the SRS light has been on in my car for a while it also blinked a few times but I didn't count them. The CEL also threw a code 14 which I think is a faulty Idle Air Control valve. I thought that was the problem from the beggining.

Thanks for your help guys :D

Back