can you keep up with Kerry's flip flops?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush" is just something that butthurt liberals say because they're pissed off about the 2000 election. The same thing happened to Harry Truman. He lost the popular vote, but won the election. That's how our electoral system is set up. Get over it.

But to stop digressing....People who say stupid shit like my first sentence piss me off. I hate both of those guys equally, and just because some people say "Kerry is better than Bush" doesn't mean you should vote for Kerry. It means they're both shitheads, and I won't be voting for either of them.

Originally posted by ahedau+Aug 18 2004, 09:22 PM-->
click here to play

I scored a 99/34 but I'vd been drinking... :beer:
[post=378908]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh good, do you know the only thing posting something like this does? It lets all of us know that you believe everything that you are told as long as it comes from the Republican party. It doesn't convince anyone that they should vote for Bush instead of Kerry.

dohcvtec_accord
@Aug 19 2004, 08:26 AM
"A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush" is just something that butthurt liberals say because they're pissed off about the 2000 election. The same thing happened to Harry Truman. He lost the popular vote, but won the election. That's how our electoral system is set up. Get over it.

But to stop digressing....People who say stupid shit like my first sentence piss me off. I hate both of those guys equally, and just because some people say "Kerry is better than Bush" doesn't mean you should vote for Kerry. It means they're both shitheads, and I won't be voting for either of them.
[post=379086]Quoted post[/post]​

I despise the definition that the right has given the word liberal, it is completely ignorant of where the word came from. But I digress there, the slogan "A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush" is something that the Democratic party clings to and they shoudn't but it is not entirely untrue. Nader knows he can't win this. This isn't about winning, it is about job security. As long as someone as hard right as Cheney (not a typo) is running the country people listen to Nader, they give Nader money. To me this is all he is after. I don't know who I am voting for, but I know who I am not voting for.

I want to see a monkey dressed up in a clown suit on the ballot, he'd have my vote because he is better than any of the canidates we have to chose from at the moment.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Aug 19 2004, 08:11 AM
I don't know who I am voting for, but I know who I am not voting for.

I want to see a monkey dressed up in a clown suit on the ballot, he'd have my vote because he is better than any of the canidates we have to chose from at the moment.
[post=379095]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm pissed that we don't really have a worthwhile third party candidate to vote for.

Anyway, I know the Bush/Nader quote has a slight element of truth to it, but I hate it when people throw it around as justification that you should vote for a major party/candidate. Does this then mean that if I don't vote, it's a vote for Bush as well? :blink: That wasn't directed at you, Eric, it was more rhetorical.

I'll write in the "Monkey In A Clown Suit" vote if you do, Eric. :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Aug 19 2004, 09:17 AM-->
@Aug 19 2004, 08:11 AM
I don't know who I am voting for, but I know who I am not voting for.

[post=379095]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm pissed that we don't really have a worthwhile third party candidate to vote for.

Anyway, I know the Bush/Nader quote has a slight element of truth to it, but I hate it when people throw it around as justification that you should vote for a major party/candidate. Does this then mean that if I don't vote, it's a vote for Bush as well? :blink: That wasn't directed at you, Eric, it was more rhetorical.

I'll write in the "Monkey In A Clown Suit" vote if you do, Eric. :)
[post=379097]Quoted post[/post]​

I didn't take it as directed towards me, the rant about the new defintion about the word "liberal" has been brewing for a while. I consider myself a classic liberal so anytime I here someone calling this whiney, "I didn't win, waaaa" stuff liberal it makes me kinda angry because it has nothing to do with what the word liberal means.

Think we could get Nader to name said monkey his runing mate? I would vate Nader for sure then.

Edit: It is too bad we don't have a worthwhile third party canidate this year, at least in 2000 we had Harry Brown.

political discussions on here are completely useless cause no one recognizes the others points, they just attack the opposing canidate until a mod locks the thread...

america is fucked either way

BUSH = BONESMAN
KERRY = BONESMAN

do you think it really matters what the peons like us think in this country???

no matter who "wins" the election there will be a draft, and we will continue to loose our goodwill from other nations, and we will continue to slide into the shitter...

war funded by the middle class tax payer to benefit the rich...
if you think its anything other than that then you are just ignorant...

CHANEY - HALLIBURTON - NO BID CONTRACT...

this all just screams ETHICS VIOLATIONS, and screwing the average american...

and the people that suffer the most are the loyal military personal that are sacraficed on the front lines... get home safe guys...

Originally posted by lsvtec@Aug 19 2004, 08:25 AM
I didn't take it as directed towards me, the rant about the new defintion about the word "liberal" has been brewing for a while.  I consider myself a classic liberal so anytime I here someone calling this whiney, "I didn't win, waaaa" stuff liberal it makes me kinda angry because it has nothing to do with what the word liberal means.
[post=379098]Quoted post[/post]​

I know, I probably shouldn't be using it, it's mostly media influence that makes it sound "OK" for me to use. I suppose "whiny Democrats" is a better phrase to use (in no way implying that ALL Democrats are whiny).

Man I am with Pissedoffsol on this one. I will be voting for Nader too. Kerry has absolutly forgotten about who put him in this position to run for president. 95% of Democrats want this war to end, and what has Kerry said, "Even with the knowledge we have now, I would still have gone to war with Iraq." He has also stated that we need to put 40,000 more ground troops in Iraq. Why the fuck would I vote for this guy if I do not agree with half the stuff he says. Fuck I agree with 95% of the stuff Nader has to say, if not more.
To say a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush is bullshit for the most part. Look I want that dipshit out of office as bad as one else does, but man we will have the same corporate influenced person except in "light" form. The Democrats can scape goat Nader all they want, but they forget about the fact that the number of registered Democrats that voted for bush, is more than twice the number of total votes that Nader recieved.
We still have not found weapons of mass distruction.
We have proven that al queda and Iraq have no link.
Haliburton and Becktel got no bid contracts.
We are spending a billion dollars a week on a war that we cannot even prove the reasons why we are there.
We are loosing jobs at and astonishing rate to places over seas that will work for nothing.
Out of the "32,000" new jobs we are creating, 77% pay minimum wage.
By the end of the year the national deficit will be over 7 trillion dollars!
So thank you president Bush, and thanks for speaking up John Kerry.

if enough people vote for nader, guess what- HE'LL WIN

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 19 2004, 09:45 AM
[post=379145]Quoted post[/post]​

Unfortunately, that'll never happen. There are too many straight-ticket Republican voters (dumbasses), there are too many straight-ticket Democratic voters (morons), and there are too many people who are too scared to vote for anyone who's not on one of the major tickets.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Aug 19 2004, 10:50 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Aug 19 2004, 09:45 AM
[post=379145]Quoted post[/post]​

Unfortunately, that'll never happen. There are too many straight-ticket Republican voters (dumbasses), there are too many straight-ticket Democratic voters (morons), and there are too many people who are too scared to vote for anyone who's not on one of the major tickets.
[post=379146]Quoted post[/post]​

This is and always has been the problem that faces any third party canidate. Too many people are willing to blindly accept what one of the major parties tells them. I said it in 2000 and I will say it again. Vote for real democracy, vote thrid party. If Nader isn't your thing, find somone that is. Just becuase the major networks don't cover every third party canidate out there doesn't mean they don't exist.

Personally being form California, I’m voting for the candidate who’s got the best stance on illegal immigration ( I’m sick of seeing my tax dollars pay for the education and health car of non citizens.) They come over here to work which is fine with me, but the fact that they abuse the system (using free services) yet put noting into it (paying no taxes/sending money out of the county) just drives me crazy. So this year I’m voting on domestic issues. For once I think the world can wait and someone needs to put this country first.

With a two second search: http://www.badnarik.org/

People tend to write the Libertarian party off as crazies but I think as soon as you read what they have to say you realize they have all the issues that each of the major parties got right without the crap where they screwed up. All I am saying is look around before you decide to vote. Third party is much more likely to fit all that you believe without having to settle on one of the two main stream canidates.

It lets all of us know that you believe everything that you are told as long as it comes from the Republican party. It doesn't convince anyone that they should vote for Bush instead of Kerry.

chill out. its a f-ing game with a funny and certainly political bent. I personally don't give a shit who you vote for or why.

Originally posted by MiguelDelFuego@Aug 19 2004, 02:15 PM
Give me 5 years then you can vote for me.
[post=379216]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, we already know your stance on illegal drugs. :)

Back