Can you name them?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uberdog

Just wondering what all components on a given engine are obd specific. Distributor is an obvious but what about sensors, vtec solenoid, injectors, etc.
I have an odb0 b16 head and wondering if I bolt it to an LS block, what all of the various elec parts must be specific to the obd of the chasis (in this case obd1)
By the way, if this is an faq question, I couldn't find it and for some reason the search feature was returning an error. Could be because I am on a Mac. Don't know.

distributor, VSS, injectors, and the ecu are the electronics that ELECTRONICALLY are in-compatibile with each other. plugs and actual wiring of other objects is a different story all togehter.

Thanks - finally figured out why search doesn't work on here. LS is less than four characters and it doesn't like that, I guess.

Thanks to the admin but just wanted to be clear.

Getting right to it, I have two b16 heads. One is first gen and the other is 2000 si odb2. Both are going on LS blocks and I want to tune with ubberdata so need obd1. Can both heads use obd1 distributor, injectors, vtec solenoid. In other words, is a b16 head a b16 head capable of being whatever odb you want it to be based on which electronics you bold on it.

Is there anything obd dependent on the ls block, such as sensors, etc, or will they work with any ecu?

thanks - you guys are great

Back