Cancer cracked!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What amazes me is that with so many decades and millions/billions of dollars invested, we're still gathering information as basic as 'which genes cause cancer?'

What amazes me is that with so many decades and millions/billions of dollars invested, we're still gathering information as basic as 'which genes cause cancer?'

We all know that there is no money in the cure, the money is in the treatment of other people suffering.
I still think that they could have found a cure for aids or a vaccine by now. BUT there is more money for the big pharm companies to sell the daily pill cocktail to people who have aids.

F@H wins.

anyway, although this is great news, we are still a huge way from curing cancer. i mean, we dont even have a cure for the common cold yet.

and as far as money goes, researchers go where the money goes because thats the only way they get funded to do the research. and most of that money comes from big time pharm. companies. no money, no project.

also, if you ever done RD or anything with the human body, it is extremely tedious, costly and time consuming process. there are many factors such as protein reactions, hormone signaling, enzyme reactions and so forth. thats why they start with a model organisms like E.coli or drosophila (fruit fly) which have a much simpler model, but even then took quite a bit of time to decode and "completely" figure out their genome. and even then, that info gather doesnt always scale up well or model perfectly to humans. so yeah, thats why it cost millions probably billions, to fund such a research.

That's really awesome, the advances in the field just keep on coming!

I still think I'll just trust mine has been cured for now though ^_^

Back