Candidates for b18 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wiz Kid

Hey guys i just obtained a b18 non-vtec motor out of an 1990 integra. Which civic will this motor work with fairly well? also the motor has only 80,000 km on it ;)

Anything from 88 to 2000. Take your pick. Anything from 92 up will require an OBD conversion however.

Also, if you didn't get a transmission with the motor, you'll need to buy one. A B-series engine won't bolt up to a D-series transmission...

read around a little bit before posting. if you read on this site for 1 hr, you will answer all of your questions. read my sig. it should help. then if you still have questions, post away. we try to let people help themselves instead of spoon feeding them everything.

you should pick a car that you like before worrying about the engine. just about any car is compatible, so pick one that you like and we will teach you how to make the engine work for it.

Ok Mr del sol ive done my homework. the shell i want to use is an 95 civic ex (eg) and i got a gearbox today and it is a cable...So what do you recommend for ive seen posts talking about a cable to hyrdrualic modification of somekind....also im 16 and live in the bahamas but i can get parts from florida fairly easy
thanks,
wiz kid

if i were you, i would just buy a b series hydro tranny. save some work and some money and get an lsd. the conversion is ok, but it just adds extra work to the swap.

good luck with the swap and be sure to post pics of your build. we always like to see new members and young adults get into cars.

Back