Canker Sores...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
I hate these stupid things. They are simply the worst thing ever. What an inconvenience to my mouth.
ARGH

Just wondering, do canker sores spread during oral sex? Cause that would really suck.

^ yes.

I was all phreaked out a while back, but then a lil online research pointed out that MOST peopel actually have canker/coldsores/fever blsters. Like, herpes 2 is genetal related, and herpes 1 is oral.

SOMEBODY correct me if im wrong . . for my sake and his.

yea i believe more than half of what you're saying is true: I dont really know exactly everything what you're saying. if you have cold sores or cankersores they spread orally. from what i know people dont really pay too much attention to it cuz it doesn't do any harm and it goes away. though once you have it, it will come back.

To stop getting canker sores, I'd suggest switching your toothpaste from the regular stuff you have to the sensitive kind for different gums.

I am very canker sore prone, and I love spicy food, which do not mix. I made this transition, and I haven't had one since.

I only use the sensitive kind two times a day and the other kind the other few times a day, but it makes the world of a difference.

strangely enough i only get cankers from very salty foods. i never add salt to anything (eccept pasta sauce) and i always try to ask for unsalted fries.

i only get them when i bite my lip or something... i have a tendency to chew my own lip while eating pop corn. lol i don't know why, but its only pop corn that i always end up biting my lip. wtf.
good thing i don't eat very much pop corn...

Well I don't get them that often, but they are annoying as hell when I do. I'm usually good as long as I eat enough fruits and vegetables, but with being in college and shit it's kinda hard to do sometimes. I never get cold sores or fever blisters, never had em, don't plan on it either. I also heard that herpes 1 is canker sores, etc. and herpes 2 is genital.

If someone has a canker sore, I know it will spread to your girlfriend if you make out or whatever. My question is, would it spread and become herpes 2 if you go down on her? Cause that would be teh shitty.

Quoted post[/post]]
i only get them when i bite my lip or something... i have a tendency to chew my own lip while eating pop corn. lol i don't know why, but its only pop corn that i always end up biting my lip. wtf.
good thing i don't eat very much pop corn...

Just dont drop X then lol.

Quoted post[/post]]
If someone has a canker sore, I know it will spread to your girlfriend if you make out or whatever. My question is, would it spread and become herpes 2 if you go down on her? Cause that would be teh shitty.

I was phreaked out for like 1month about these.

Knowledge y0

m4d h3rp3$ !n d4 h0u$3 y0!

put a sandwich bag over her snatch if you're that worried about it

Quoted post[/post]]
Canker sores are not contagious, so patients do not have a worry about spreading them to other people.

Whew, what a relief!

Dont jump ship just yet.

The primary difference between the two viral types is in where they typically establish latency in the body- their "site of preference." HSV-1 usually establishes latency in the trigeminal ganglion, a collection of nerve cells near the ear. From there, it tends to recur on the lower lip or face. HSV-2 usually sets up residence in the sacral ganglion at the base of the spine. From there, it recurs in the genital area .

Even this difference is not absolute either type can reside in either or both parts of the body and infect oral and/or genital areas. Unfortunately, many people aren't aware of this, which contributes both to the spread of type 1 and to the misperception that the two types are fundamentally different.

http://www.herpes.com/hsv1-2.html

Basically, its uncommono for HSV2 to be on ur face and vice versa. . . .but it COULD still happen :ph34r:

This thread disappoints on so many levels. For instance, I just now learned why Ravers have pacifiers. This really irks me.

I never put two and two together.

Anyway, Canker sores are to Herpes as chapped lips are. They can both develop into it, but because you have them doesn't mean you are infected nor are you a VD spreader.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
This thread disappoints on so many levels. For instance, I just now learned why Ravers have pacifiers. This really irks me.

I never put two and two together.

/me years ago used to go to foam raves and stuff... :) millenium ballroom dance club in dayville CT :cool: :dj:

{hijack}Ever go to Asylumn in SPFLD???{/hijack}

On Topic: Like 80% of people have Herpes 1

Back