1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon Camera Questions

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by newb, Nov 2, 2009.

1. newb

newb phresh VIP

This is a pretty tech savy group, so I bet someone knows the answer to my questions lol. Im confused about this "Canon Hackers Development Kit." I mean, I understand how to use it once its loaded and what not. But, my problem is gettin it on my camera. I have a Canon Powershot SD750. I do like all the FAQ's say to check the firmware version. I put the file in the root directory of the SD card named "ver.req" then I turn the camera on in play mode and hold "FUNC/SET" and press "DISP" then the message "Firmware ver. 1.0.2.0" pops up. That version isnt even close to any of the firmwares for any Canon model period. The listed firmwares for the SD750 are 1.00b, 1.01a, 1.01b and 1.02a. All the other models are along these lines as well. So, whats the deal with mine? Am I doin somethin wrong?

I thought maybe I need to update my firmware so I did a quick search. I mean quick lol, and I couldnt find an update for the SD750. So, is it true that I need to update? Does any have a link for an update for the 750?

2. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

Did you see that last part? could that be the problem? Also, did you try vers.req also?

3. newb

newb phresh VIP

I missed that last part. I just happen to have movie files at the end of the card. The camera automatically puts em after the images.

I havent tried the vers.req file name yet, but I will if it still doesnt work after I move files around.

Thanks a lot.

4. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

ill see if i can dig up what i found when i upgraded my SD1000 so that i could have open aperture? and a few other small features.

you can also use homebrew firmwares which allow you to get rid of some features that you dont use, and set your own feature templates.

5. newb

newb phresh VIP

That would be cool. Thanks.

I did get the firmware version. I had to go buy a card reader cuz the one built into my comp decided to quit workin lol. Workin on gettin the downloads now.

6. newb

newb phresh VIP

Success!

I got it all loaded and everything, and so far theres no problems. A lot of stuff to dig through though. I wanted it mainly for AEB function, since I wont be able to afford the D5000 I want for some time, since I like HDR photos soo much. Ive already got a few really good ones.

I was takin HDR's before by manualy adjusting the exposures, but with AEB the results are soo much better.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted