canoonball race

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

Has hondaswap ever had a cannonball race? Or will there every be one?

isnt this years race in the US? from NYC to LA?
EDIT: never mind, Rally: May 4th through 10th, stopping in Paris, Biarritz, Madrid, Marbella, Marrakech, Barcelona and Cannes

2004 is the next, and to enter a cannonball, you need a pre-1979 car. There is no stop, so it's won every year by some team driving a winnebago.

The problem with the race is, you can't make it across the country without getting pulled over. Things weren't like that in the 70s, when radar was brandy-new tech that was often fooled. Also, Police cars back then couldn't even hope to keep up with a car doing 130 mph (Minimum evasion speed).

Now, they can get your ass on satellite - If they know of a cannonball. They won't stop until everyone is jailed. And with the new Patriot act, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the ability to torture you to find out who else is racing.

-> Steve

If you couldn't tell, I just got pulled over by a cop on Rt84 for doing 75 in a 65, and got RAPED for $198.

if its going on in the summertime, im down to drive to Conneticut, chill at the infamous Brian's pad and race all of you fuckers to LA :D

i would be so down for that...

Originally posted by zaneithan@Dec 13 2003, 12:03 AM
we should attempt a CT to florida race

That would be sweet 95 south all the way

Smokey's down. She'll smoke all you honda cut-springs-making-camber-wearin-tires-out-too-fastasses in a cross country race! ;)

A Race on i-95? Are you sick ? The heaviest patrolled highway in the US ? I'd rather do a i-76 from Philadelphia to Denver or something.

Or that highway from Pittsburgh to Idaho.. i-90 I think.

-> Steve

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 13 2003, 10:11 AM
alaska to paraguay, y0!

THAT'S a test of endurance!

can anyone say "no-doze"?

:blink:

:werd:

and fuck no-doze ... its all about the efedrine :D :D :D

Back