Can't bleed two of the brakes brakes on CRV

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlickWolf7

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this problem. Driver side front and passenger side rear brakes work together. I was having brake problems and pulled some of the lines apart. After everything was back together, the passenger front and driver rear bleed fine. I get nothing but air through the other two. I even went as far as to unhook the line from the anti-lock brake unit that travels back to the master cylinder. When my helper pumped the brake, only air came through the line. I never got fluid. How do I get this flow working again?

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this problem. Driver side front and passenger side rear brakes work together. I was having brake problems and pulled some of the lines apart. After everything was back together, the passenger front and driver rear bleed fine. I get nothing but air through the other two. I even went as far as to unhook the line from the anti-lock brake unit that travels back to the master cylinder. When my helper pumped the brake, only air came through the line. I never got fluid. How do I get this flow working again?

Make sure there is the appropriate amount of DOT brake fluid in the resevoir.
Start the car and let it run for a few minutes. Then slowly drive it forward and apply the brakes.
Now, turn the car off. Bleed the master cylinder first, than bleed the line that was giving you the issue. Make sure you tighten the lines at the master cylinder and at the ABS unit with the proper tool -- flare nut wrench (line wrench). Also, make sure you are bleeding the system correctly.

With the line closed, pump brakes three times and hold pressure to the floor -- you open bleeder, release air/fluid then close the line and release pressure off of the pedal. Repeat 3-5 times. Now do this for the other wheel in this circuit. Front left works with rear right. Front right works with left rear.

Back