1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant decide

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by arroshiz, Jul 13, 2005.

1. arroshiz

arroshiz Senior Member

alright, i'm confused on what i want to do and was hopin yall could help me decide...i've got a b18a1 golden eagle sleeved, eagle rods, ross pistons and rings, type-r oil pump, type-r crank, all the good stuff...and i've got a b16 head and vtec kit already, and was just about to order the turbo the other day when i started realizing i didnt wanna be tryin to fix my car all the time and didnt want it to turn into a money pit, altogther i've got 2600 in that block and i've got about the same amount in the bank, u think it would be wise to go ahead with the project? or just get a jdm type-r and be done with it? it needs to be a daily driver...and idk if im ready for this big of a project yet. all i'm wantin is a car that is fast, and trustworthy...what do u guys think?...right now all i've got is a b17a1 in a 92 hb...nothin worth gettin excited about

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

just get the bolt-in motor and sell what you have now. :)

3. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

When you say JDM Type R, you mean importing one ?

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

daily driven honda turbo cars are t3h suck. you'll need a beater at the least. trust me.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

oh, and this has nothing to do with auto multimedia at all...

:moved:

6. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Just throw together your LS/VTEC as an all motor setup. I'm guessing, since you were originally going FI, your ross pistons are around the 9.0:1 area? Sell those, and go for somewhere around the 11.5:1 area. Get a good set of cams, tune, and be done with it. You'll be around the 190wph+ area on pump gas, which is more power than the Type R throws down. Might as well work with what you have now....

7. b204dr

b204dr Senior Member

Im with adnoh- keep what you have its built so it should last- i my self would be happy with that b17 you have - and maybe add turbo to that lol cause im a cheap ass now and wont waste my money on some thing so devaluative - id say sell it all personally buy a house lol

8. arroshiz

arroshiz Senior Member

aight, well i reckon im gonna go with the type-r, and sell my other stuff and just wait till later on down the road when i have another car i can mess with...i think i'd be satisfied with a 200hp hb for the meantime

9. arroshiz

arroshiz Senior Member

i'm pretty retarted...and dont think i could make it run good with a turbo, so i'd rather keep it simple but fast by gettin a b18c...i'm trying to think a few months ahead...to save myself time, money and trouble...besides i've been havin ideas of gettin a 240sx in a few months and puttin a new engine in it, drift that bitch, so that can be my tinker car while my civic runs and is decent

10. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

Ummmmm..... go ahead and sell your b20 vtec so you can buy a type r motor with less hp and WAY less torque..... :blink:

Horsepower sells cars. Torque wins races.

Keep the b20 like EVERYONE has said... (except for th guy with the mirage, and what the hell does he know? :p ) and just build it all motor. You can make almost as much power as a boosted b seies and be reliable to boot. Type r motors are WAY overrated and way overpriced. You can EASILY make more power to the wheel than a type r motor makes at the crank for much, much cheaper than a b18c5 swap.....

11. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

im a bit more practical. i like to drive my car everyday, without having to fix it. :D

12. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

If you build it right, tune it right, and maintain it, it will be just as reliable as a type R. Plus Type R's break too, and parts are way more expensive.
    Just a thought.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted