Can't figure this out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, i will replace my ignitor but i dont know where in the distributor it is. I cant seem to find much info on the internet about it either. How much do they cost?

The reason i got the coil was because my stock one went out and I just wanted to upgrade.

And tell me more about the resistor too. Like what kind

Thanks for all the help

Originally posted by b16coupe@Sep 16 2004, 07:54 PM
Ok, i will replace my ignitor but i dont know where in the distributor it is. I cant seem to find much info on the internet about it either. How much do they cost?

The reason i got the coil was because my stock one went out and I just wanted to upgrade.

And tell me more about the resistor too. Like what kind

Thanks for all the help
[post=391301]Quoted post[/post]​

Distributor = Oval between Ignition Coil and Spark Plugs.

Cost: H22 Distributors go for about 75 bucks. I don't know who makes what you need to handle the MSD.

wtf. that site sucks. no pic or anything.

just go to the dealership dude.

not sure... probably between 0 and 1/2 but 1 and 2 should be interchangeable.

d and b-series may be different as well.. best bet is to call the parts guy at the dealership and have him look up part numbers

OK, I looked inside the distributor and I still can't tell what the ignitor looks like. I will describe what I saw. On the left there is a little black box that has a magnet in it, in the middle is the rotor and on the right is the small box where i hooked up my wires to the external coil, but it is a brown color with "NEC" and below that "MC-854". Deeper inside of the distributor there was a black box on both sides of the shaft (one looked like another "magnet box").

It is the ignitor. I replaced it with a 91 crx si one and it ran fine for about 6 hard pulls and it is starting to sputter again, bur not bad. The distributor for the SI has been outside in the weather for over a year and had no cap on it, not to mention being 13 years old so I'm not too shocked that this one will crap out on me too. I will just buy a new ignitor soon and look at putting a risistor on the coil.

Thanks for doin the leg work for me and I hope to have a dyno in a week or two.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 18 2004, 06:21 PM
cool0- good lucjk
[post=391989]Quoted post[/post]​

B's been on the sauce again. Three words and two typoes. That's almost honda-tech quality.

Back