1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Find Problem...Everyone needed

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by AJBurks, Feb 25, 2005.

1. AJBurks

AJBurks Junior Member

Ok... before i say anything, here's my setup
    JDM h22a swap into '94 si prelude
    AEM CAI
    DC SPORTS HEADERS
    GREDDY EVO EXHAUST

Here's my problem...

I've been running the h22a engine off of the p14 ecu. WHY? Because when i swap the p13 ecu in, it boggs terribly. I don't know why. The car is in the shop right now with Joe Demaree, but he's clueless also...he thinks it's an electrical problem. We checked the throttle posistion sensor and still nothing. What bothers us is- the car runs GREAT off the p14(h23) ecu, but when we swap in the p13, it runs like "SHlT". We've also put in an ecu from the B16 and it does the same exact thing! BOGGS! But anyway, we are for sure its an electrical problem we just don't know what. Has anyone else had this problem? I mainly need to know some differences of the p13 and p14 ecu. Something is wrong. Like i said, we checked the voltage with the throttle position sensor, but it was fine. This needs to stay bumped up because if anyone else has had this problem....it needs to have a solution. Any/all suggestions are welcome. If anyone has a pinout for the p13 and p14, please post it. Thanks

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Search our reference section for a P13 pinout.

Are you throwing any codes with the P13 plugged in? I'm guessing that you are, and that it's for the EGR valve and O2 sensor. I'm guessing that the problem is similar to that when people drop and H22 into an Accord (like my old car). We had to switch pins A6 and A11 at the ECU, which are the Heated O2 Sensor and EGR Valve pins.

Give that a shot and see if it helps.

3. AJBurks

AJBurks Junior Member

Well...we aren't throwing any codes. Thats the problem. If the O2 sensor was the problem, i think we would definately throw a code. Does anyone have a pinout for the p14 ecu? There has to be a difference besides the vtec pins. I've been doing research all day. its kiling me.

4. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

ok...

first crack the ecu and make sure its untouched...
    it would help to have another P13 on hand because it seems a bit strange that you have no CEL's...

check out auto zone.com

[​IMG]

5. AJBurks

AJBurks Junior Member

can you find one of the p14? thanks.

6. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Fixed it for ya. :D

7. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

^^^ LOL

i thought auto zone had wiring diagrams for both the vtec and non-vtec but all it had was this one...

get a helmes?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted