1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant find timing marks!!!

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by mattcalica, Jul 10, 2003.

1. mattcalica

mattcalica Senior Member

okay, i am trying to fix my timing, because it is faaaar advanced, but i cant find the pointer on the block. i think mine might have gotten scraped off or something, because there is nothing on my block cover!!! i see the marks on the crank pulley, but i dont know what to line it up with!!! please somebody help. if you have a pic of where the pointer should be, or something that i can line the marks up with, that would help a lot!!!!

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

What car/engine?

3. mattcalica

mattcalica Senior Member

oh yah, its a b16a...in a 2nd gen teg

4. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

On the timing belt cover there is a small thin "mark" the protrudes out. Look close, its right about the harmonic balancer just after TDC towards the front of the car. Hope this makes sense.

Matt

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

huh? the crank pulley IS the balancer. only h22's and f20c's use a harmonic balancer as far as i know. pretty sure b-series don't have one.

your best bet is to get a timing light on it. you can rent one for a couple bucks. have your dad or a buddy help you use it if you aren't sure how... its kinda tricky the first time.

6. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

I was under the impression that ALL Honda crank pulleys have harmonic balancers...inlinefour.com seems to think so too.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted