cant fing hose for sirII swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicsir

i have gone to two different parts stores and said i wanted del sol vtec radiator hose, but no one can seem to get it right. eveyone has been way to small and way the hell off. is there any good aftermarket hose i could order? i could use the help want the swap done.

Why not pay Honda and be done with the seach and running around. Plus for the couple of extra bux that your gonna spend at honda will most likely result in a better part then what you would get at the parts store.

When you are order through a parts store, you have to make it VERY clear, since the Si had vtec also. There should be a list on thier display that has the motors, at leat by sohc 1.5L, sohc 1.6L, and dohc 1.6L, if not the exact codes.

I got the LS upper/lower radiator hoses and they fit perfect. Of course that was after I tried three other hoses.
LS upper and lower is what you need.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 13 2005, 04:43 AM
When you are order through a parts store, you have to make it VERY clear, since the Si had vtec also. There should be a list on thier display that has the motors, at leat by sohc 1.5L, sohc 1.6L, and dohc 1.6L, if not the exact codes.
[post=511584]Quoted post[/post]​

autozone's del sol b16 hose does not work, its the same small d series one. we actually got the stock hose to fit on a sir2 b16 but you gotta get some radiator hose lube shit and wiggle it on. otherwise just get some LS hoses they will also work but they need to be clamped tight on the radiator since the hose diameter is larger than the stock radiator inlet diameter.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 13 2005, 09:30 AM
Than fuck Autozone.
[post=511644]Quoted post[/post]​

alright. i will just try the dealership. but if it is to much i will try the ls. and i was to the point about what car i wanted them off but the still brought me the d series ones.

Originally posted by 93civicsir+Jun 13 2005, 10:38 AM-->
@Jun 13 2005, 09:30 AM
Than fuck Autozone.
[post=511644]Quoted post[/post]​

alright. i will just try the dealership. but if it is to much i will try the ls. and i was to the point about what car i wanted them off but the still brought me the d series ones.
[post=511650]Quoted post[/post]​

just pick up the LS ones and use those, or use the stock D series one and just stretch it on the bigger thermostat housing on your motor. either one will work fine.

if a company made a special hose just for B series swaps in D series car they would make a killing.

I used a GSR upper and my stock lower on mine worked just fine.

ya boy steveo

Originally posted by Teal_HB@Jun 13 2005, 02:48 AM
Yeah go dealership, you know you will get the right ones. hey you pay for what you get.
[post=511574]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah.....hey you pay for what you get. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used a GSR upper and my stock lower on mine worked just fine.

Try going to the dealer or try what steveo says ^....It should work fine....

i just went to the dealer ship. i had to get a new timing belt anyway.
the hoses were 12 for the top and 19 for the bottom
the same price of those shitty ones tha autozone and advanced autopart had. which i might add wasnt even close.
i even took in the old ones and try to get them to match one up and they couldnt find any.
but hey, i got something better and for the same price.

Back