Cant Get Starter To Start. Please Look.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

THE_REVEREND

Cant Get Starter To Start. Please Look.

Well. I think I might have figured this out, but I need help.

Got a 95 DOHC VTEC DEL SOL

I turn over my key to start the car and my Main Relay is clicking, so action is happening, however the starter aint moving. I checked the starter at Autozone and had it tested and it works great, so im thinking mabye its the signal wire? What would cause that to not work? Is there an additional ground I need to look for? Where does it start from so I can check that, and also is there any like fuses for that as well?

Any help would be appreciated, especially some troubleshooting tips like, check to see if this is connected, if not, then there ya go, if so, check this instead. And no I dont have a Haynes =P

The Reverend

i had that same problem with my crx. make sure you have good grounds. there is one on the thermostat people usually forget.

[/U]this is what haynes says, engine will not rotate when attempting start.
1)battery terminal connections loose or corroded.
2)battery discharged or faulty.
3)automatic tranny not completely engaged in park, or clutch not completely depressed.
4)broken, loose or disconnected wiring in the starting circuit.
5)starter motor pinion jammed in flywheel ring gear.
6)starter soleniod faulty.
7)starter motor faulty.
8)iginition switch faulty.
9)starter pinion or flywheel teeth worn or broken.

i found no additional fuses in the wiring diagrams. you may want to check your relay just to be sure. your motor isnt locked up is it :p

Originally posted by somethingclever@Mar 30 2005, 08:34 PM
[/U]this is what haynes says, engine will not rotate when attempting start.
1)battery terminal connections loose or corroded.
2)battery discharged or faulty.
3)automatic tranny not completely engaged in park, or clutch not completely depressed.
4)broken, loose or disconnected wiring in the starting circuit.
5)starter motor pinion jammed in flywheel ring gear.
6)starter soleniod faulty.
7)starter motor faulty.
8)iginition switch faulty.
9)starter pinion or flywheel teeth worn or broken.

i found no additional fuses in the wiring diagrams. you may want to check your relay just to be sure. your motor isnt locked up is it :p
[post=481025]Quoted post[/post]​

ANSWER: Engine Not Grounded. That was the problem. Just ran a wire from the neg bat terminal to the engine. Problem Solved.

Thanks though!

Back