Can't get this damn transmission to mate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

I blew the Y1 in my CRX a while back and I'm finally getting around to replacing the transmission. It should be easy, but for some reason I can't get the damn thing to mate with the motor for some reason. I can tell its a b-series cable tranny for sure, and I've heard they're all compatable, so it should fit right? (The guy I got it from couldn't remember what it came off of and it was only $30...I couldn't complain much). I'm only going to use it until I can rebuild my b16 tranny and use that.

Anyway, I've got the thing hanging from ropes in my garage and it looks like its lining up correctly. I have no clue why I can't get the damn shaft into the hole in the motor. Is there any chance that the input shaft is a different diameter?

Count the splines and make sure they are correct, and measure the shaft.. Sometimes honda transmissions can be bastards to line up properly.

You might have to line it up by eye, then try to put the two together while someone turns the motor over by hand. Really easy to do if you pull the spark plugs and put a 19mm/ratchet on the main pulley. I had to do that once on a D-series.. I couldn't for the life of me get that thing to line up correctly. I lined it all up and had the wife rotate the motor while I applied a small amount of pressure and it popped right in.

What's the correct number of splines for a B-series cable tranny? 24?

since the tranny is out,take your clutch disc and try to put it on the tranny input shaft. it should go on if you have the right clutch.

Nope, the thing won't slide on. I cant figure out what is causing the problem. I measured the shaft and counted the splines and everything matched my b16 tranny. This sucks. I have to move out of my house on Friday, so it looks like I'm gong to get towed to my new place and them I'm selling the car. I'm going to lose a LOT of money.

the tranny might be the same but how do you know the clutch dics is for 90-91 integra.Did you buy it new or is it your old one .The reason i ask is cause if its new sometimes the pressure plate may be the right one but the dics gets mispackeged or switched by mistake.but as long as the dics wont go on the tranny shaft then the tranny and block wont mate. good luck

Back