1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get transmission off of engine

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by wlee598, Jun 1, 2008.

1. wlee598

wlee598 Carb'd honda's rule

I disconnected all of the bolts connecting the transmission to my engine, and I disconnected all components connected to the transmission, but I can't get them separated. I tried to pry them apart with a screw driver because I've done this before with the same engine with a manual. This is an automatic transmission... Any idea why it won't come apart?

2. wlee598

Ok I got the tranny off. It was the back of the torque converter that was holding it on still. I'm waiting for my friend to bring over his torque wrench so I can put my brand new flywheel on chaching.

getting the axles in is the only part I'm worried about.

woops scratch that I'm also worried about the pedals... did I mention I need this car for work tomorrow at 10?

3. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

Brass headed hammer and a big pry bar FTW. As far as you getting it all done in time... good luck.

4. wlee598

I got the new transmission on. I just didn't get the pedals or the shifter assembly set up in time. I'll finish them tonight at 5. I had to rig up the transmission to the AT mounts because they're different. I'll have to get them from a junk yard or something.

P.S. Thanks LS_Vtec. Hopefully this gets going tonight.

5. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

NP, good luck with it.

6. wlee598

Ugh I got the car all put together... it starts but the clutch isn't working. There's not any tension like the push rod isn't pressing on the clutch, but it should be because I know it works.

7. wlee598

it's like it's too short or something or I'm missing a piece on the end. I'm not sure and the manual isn't helping much.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted