Can't Rev past 6500rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
put the stocks back on & feel da VTeK y0!

:slap: for puttin 18's on a civic anyways...sorry but just my opinion

Well, what can I say, they are $1500 with tires and got them for free from a friend...can't turn that down ;-)

so i guess i can :slap: u cause only a foo would turn that down ;-)

just kidding...yeah...i might just get some Si's and call it a day...thanks for the help all

Sell them, get a nice set of 15's with some good tires, your new tach, then pocket the remaining hundreds of dollars you'll have. Acceleration, handling, gas mileage.... they will all thank you. Not to mention reduced stress on the car and a much much smoother ride.

the rpms are the same at idle because it doesnt start to get thrown off until your rpms start to climb, could also maybe your vss.

VSS possibly, when you did your 3K 2nd gear run were you side by side, in trail, or were they seperate occasions? To really get a good idea of where the measurement is wrong you need to be doing it at the same time to make sure your 25mph isnt keeping pace w/ his 31.

Oversized tires will throw a speedo off, but definitely not almost 20% as those speeds.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
VSS possibly, when you did your 3K 2nd gear run were you side by side, in trail, or were they seperate occasions?

Actually, we both started off side by side and once I would start getting to 3k rpms I would eventually start getting ahead of him
That is because your tach is broked, and you were probably actually at 3500rpm...
then around 6500 rpm you're probably at 7400.

Back