cant view images?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
i hadnt seen this before on here so i dont think its a repost, but if it is, bite me :p

ya how sometimes you cant see images because the site it comes from doesnt allow hotlinking? well if you use firefox, theres a way around that :)

first go here -> https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=60
and download and install the extension. then restart firefox. next go to the top left of your newly added toolbar where it says "disable" with a red x next to it. scroll down to "disable referrer logging" and click it. and bam previously prohibited hotlinking now works :)

on a user side, this may be great....

but from a developer like me, this fucks up a lot of shit, and i HIGHLY suggest you don't install this mod.

eh, i dont trust it.

i JUST got rid of all my spyware. i dont want to invite more, thanks.

:shrug2:

check this smaple function:

http://www.zend.com/codex.php?id=339&single=1

in the example at the bottom, you can easily tell what its doing...

a LOT of sites use this.

if you have referrals turned off, you may get denied loging in to a lot of places, for fear of mydomain.com/?login.php trying to access yourdomain.com/?login.php

Quoted post[/post]]
eh, i dont trust it.

i JUST got rid of all my spyware. i dont want to invite more, thanks.

:shrug2:

um, for the record, no firefox extentions are allowed to do any such spyware activity so long as you download them from the firefox extentions homepage. all are tested before being distributed.

B im sorry im still not following completely. i really only know C and my knowledge of even that is pretty minimal. so i cant really see what that code is doin.

so why would i get denied access to sites because i have referrals turned off?

Because the developers don't want you to have them off, so they block you if you don't have them turned on.

because anyone can make a login script, and run it on their server, to hit my database. fortunately, i'm smarter than them, and the safe-mode violation won't go through... but other sites won't.

so, if you have referrals off, and you're trying to login to somesite.com from somesite.com/login and they have a referral check, you will get denied.

Back