capacitor alternitive

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a system with a capicitor and I'm getting rid of it to relocate the battery. so my question is basic I want to know cam I put the cap on the positive cable before the battery because I don't want to sell the cap for a loss but i'm willing to sell the amps at a loss since they are old any way?

moving to audio...

it goes like this:

batt --> inline fuse --> cap --> amp

the battery is what holds the energy and it is transferred from there to the rest of you equipment... so there really is no "before the battery"

i'm led to believe your trunk holds more than just a battery... so try to find somewhere else maybe to move the cap to... and get some more 8 gauge power cable or whatever you use

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 16 2004, 07:32 AM
moving to audio...

it goes like this:

batt --> inline fuse --> cap --> amp

the battery is what holds the energy and it is transferred from there to the rest of you equipment... so there really is no "before the battery"

i'm led to believe your trunk holds more than just a battery... so try to find somewhere else maybe to move the cap to... and get some more 8 gauge power cable or whatever you use

NO no I mean alt------cap-----battery----ground nothing to do with car audio.

Back