Car alarms

Which car alarm to buy?

• Clifford Concept

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What do you guys think about the Alpine SEC150R? I am trying to decide between this, and the clifford concept 550. Im leaning more toward the ALPINE but the clifford seems to have more options availible to upgrade later.. what do you peeps think?

all the options in the world are useless if you dont use them
pick the one that best suits your needs

If yourgonna visit the thread and not post, you can at least VOTE? is it that hard to push a button?

bump

Clifford. Why? because ....I don't know you just wanted me to vote.

I personally like the clifford, I have one and really am content with it for the needs I needed it for.

I've known 1 person with alpine and it wasn't the best IMO, buttons didn't always work and stuff, etc.

I've known lots of people who've had Clifford systems and were very happy with them. I'm not sure about Alpine. I didn't even know they made alarms.

I have the alpine sec-100 in my 96 civic h/b it works great never a problem, I installed it my self i'm a certified installer and as long as the unit is installed properly it should work for ever. the difference between the 100 and 150 is prox i dont reccomend prox if your windows are tinted because it ruins the feild of view for the sensor so it wont work properly anyway. go with the one that suits your needs the most.

well then... im getting the Viper 690XV right now, as i post. It has two auxilary ports, one of which is going to contain a dual stage proximity sensor.

This only set me back $528 dollars...

good thing i have a rich uncle, and it was my bday yesterday aint it!! ;)

Nice the 690xv is a great unit i installed a 790xv same thing only a remote started as well in my dads ram it works wicked. Must be nice to have a rich uncle to but it for ya though. i hope it works well for ya. peace man

i wanted clifford...

all the places around here carry only viper because

"clifford and viper are the same company"

one of the places tried to tell me that "viiper" bought "clifford". I didnt feel like arguing that neither of the two are a company, they are both DEI. but yea

If i would have installed it myself, i would have definaltey put clifford, but it was a gift for my bday, and my mom didnt want me to install it cause she wanted a waranty.

Yeah clifford got bought out by DEI which is Directed Electronics Incorporated. They make Viper, Python, Valet, Hornet, Automate, Rattler, and Sidewinder alarms. I think there are more.

i work in mobile electronics (car audio n shit) at best buy now and yeah they're all owned by DEI but still, clifford is better. its like the difference between honda and acura, toyota and lexus, ford and lincoln (kinda) etc. i have the matrix 3.5 in my car and im more than happy with it.

:ditto: I have the same alarm, it's P I M P.

Back