Car any good? How fast?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Almost positive he said its a integra Type R head.. Is that still a frankenstien setup?

Yes, it is. Any non-factory head and block combination can be considered a Frankenstein setup. What he's saying about the CR-V stuff is that you could get a B20 block from the CR-V and mate it to your existing head, and then have a 2.0 liter engine as opposed to the 1.6 you have now.

Honestly though, I would just take it somewhere to be dyno-tested and see what it's putting out before you make any huge decisions or buy any additional parts...

Yes, it is. Any non-factory head and block combination can be considered a Frankenstein setup. What he's saying about the CR-V stuff is that you could get a B20 block from the CR-V and mate it to your existing head, and then have a 2.0 liter engine as opposed to the 1.6 you have now.

Honestly though, I would just take it somewhere to be dyno-tested and see what it's putting out before you make any huge decisions or buy any additional parts...

Of course if I were to take a B20b and bolt the ITR head I have on that block it would be a larger displacement motor(2.0L) right? With it being a larger motor it should make more power down low correct? Could I still spin the motor high rpms? As for the internals I have in the b16 right now. Could I swap everything over to the b20 block? Whats the actual benefit of running eagle rods and crank if the stock internals out of other motors are strong enough to hold hp??

Of course if I were to take a B20b and bolt the ITR head I have on that block it would be a larger displacement motor(2.0L) right? With it being a larger motor it should make more power down low correct? Could I still spin the motor high rpms? As for the internals I have in the b16 right now. Could I swap everything over to the b20 block? Whats the actual benefit of running eagle rods and crank if the stock internals out of other motors are strong enough to hold hp??

Unfortunately you'd be stuck with the B20's limitations unless you swap out the internals, and also unfortunately, you cannot swap over the B16s internals, since the B20 block uses a larger bore. The only option would be after-market.

This is why I suggest just getting the car dyno'd before you worry about any of this. After you know how much power it's pushing with the current setup, then you'll be in a better position to decide if 1.) you want more power, and 2.) the best way to obtain that power.

One more question tho haha.. The motor in that car is a b16 block.. Doesn't it have b18 internals since its LS internals? So only benefit of going to a b20 is actual displacement. B20 being a larger displacement motor is going to make more power down load correct? Then being turbo b20 is going to cause some serious traction issues down low right?? What kinda hp difference could be gained from the motor I had now to doing a b20 with the rest of the setup I have now?

Unfortunately you'd be stuck with the B20's limitations unless you swap out the internals, and also unfortunately, you cannot swap over the B16s internals, since the B20 block uses a larger bore. The only option would be after-market.

This is why I suggest just getting the car dyno'd before you worry about any of this. After you know how much power it's pushing with the current setup, then you'll be in a better position to decide if 1.) you want more power, and 2.) the best way to obtain that power.

Isn't the internals in this motor a b18 since its LS crank and rods?? I think my buddy said that. Just asking to make sure

i doubt that you will have a hard time getting traction (assuming that you are planning on running wider tires and lsd)

Whats the difference between a LSD and a LS trans? LSD is a posi right?

LSD will make you see clowns dancing on rainbows...

...or they are limited slip differentials. I don't know enough about honda specifics to know if the ls trans has an lsd, but someone here would.

Well after a couple hours of reading just on transmissions, I learned the differences between them all. Since the car Im buying has a LS trans I was kinda worried because of the taller gears. So I called my buddy and he said he has the trans built with Type R gears 1 and 2nd and then 3,4,5 are LS gears.. What yall think about that setup?? What RPM does a t3/t4 light?

Last edited:
What RPM does a t3/t4 light?

Depends. Things like displacement, porting, valve work, cams can all change it.

Edit: My T3/T4 to4 on a 8 valve 2.5L with port work should spool somewhere between 2500-3500. I'm assuming that you are running stg. 1 wheels in that hybrid.

Last edited:
Back