Car Build up with 5,000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondalover

Ok I have $5,000 and I'm wanting to buy a car and swap and engine and do whatever I need to run in the low/mid 12s I'm a 15 year old just getting my car and I want to know what would be the easiest to modify and what engine I should go with and erthing.... I was thinking about geting a CRX with a blown enigen and swaping it out but I want to put something in that will have some major power or I could make have some major power with the money I have left I'm thinking I can find a blown honda for about a G or less and that gives me 4 to work with can anyone help me out and ideas what have other people done??? any help will work
Thanks
Miller

If you are 15 you should learn to drive FIRST, and then move on to getting faster. With 5 G's it will be very very tough to get into the 12's, but first things first, learn to drive.

just gat a crx and put mild (i/h/e) b16 out of an sir in. that will give you a 150 horsepower car for 3000 that you can learn to drive in. then, you can boost for the 12's.

learn to drive 1st man, or u wil ruin this car fast. fastest way to get to 12's. buy an old 90 Si CRX or civic Si. Put a b18c1 in, and a shot of nitrous.

first things first like everyone says... you cant just jump into a fast ass car and expect to drive it to the time promised...

the first time i drove an 11 second car i couldnt even get it past the 14 second mark... with practice you can drive any car but the fact is when you have something with enough power to hit a 12 [especially in a honda] it is extremely difficult to keep it consistan if you have never driven a 14 or 13 second car before...

it took me years, and i mean years to be able to drive a car properly into the 11's... and that was a crx kinda like what your lookin for.

but like everyone said, learn to drive first, start with a basic motor [b16 perhaps] and from there start fixing it up and with the addition of each part or item you add to the car, try it out at the track and see what kinds of improvements you can get and slowly work your way into the 12 second range

if you were to jump into a 12 second car and have no experience in racing, i guarantee you'll blow it... kinda like how i blew my first ls/vtec set up

B)

I'm from a place that you can get away with anything.... I have been driving sence I was 9 I owned a redneck ass truck and learned to drive in the woods (hate this place) then I started to drive a jeep and I drove my brothers Civic EX while I was 14 for a while but I have never really took anything to the track I have pushed the cars pretty hard throwing some hard shifts at it and erthing..... I jsut want to know what I could do wit 5gs cause its all I'm gonna have for a long time and I dont want to waste the money ya heard... well I'm out
Peace

you've been driving since you were 9...how long have you been spelling?

if you get a crx and drop a b16, i give you 2 weeks until you blow it. unless of course you get an auto. in that case, 2 1/2 weeks.

You think your funny..... the funny thing is I when I'm 16 I will take your ass to the track and we will see who blows what haha.....

JUST WANTING HELP NOT PLAYA HATERS!

We were trying to help you, then you act like you are an experienced driver. There is a big difference in an auto 1970 F-100 and a 5 speed built honda, and you will learn it fast. Get a cheap hatchback and swap in B16A or B18B.

Originally posted by hondalover@Sep 7 2003, 03:11 PM
I'm from a place that you can get away with anything.... I have been driving sence I was 9 I owned a redneck ass truck and learned to drive in the woods (hate this place) then I started to drive a jeep and I drove my brothers Civic EX while I was 14 for a while but I have never really took anything to the track I have pushed the cars pretty hard throwing some hard shifts at it and erthing..... I jsut want to know what I could do wit 5gs cause its all I'm gonna have for a long time and I dont want to waste the money ya heard... well I'm out
Peace

you drive your red neck truck in the woods buy you speek in ebonics. interesting
:mullet:

QUOTE (hondalover @ Sep 7 2003, 08:43 PM )

You think your funny..... the funny thing is I when I'm 16 I will take your ass to the track and we will see who blows what haha.....

JUST WANTING HELP NOT PLAYA HATERS!

so what you're telling me is this(correct me if i'm wrong):

1. you have no experience driving a built honda of any kind

2. you have no experience racing of any kind (real racing, at a track)

3. you don't even have a license or a car yet

4. you have no idea what kind of car i drive, or what engine is in it

nevertheless, when you're 16 you're going to take me to the track and "see who blows what". you're telling me that with no real driving experience, you're going to smoke me with a car that you don't have? and don't say "well i've got 5 g's, yadda yadda yadda"...truth is, as of now you have SHIT, and i don't care if you have a h22 in a crx, your no-driving ass would probably dump the clutch and spin through 3rd anyways. you can't handle the built b16 sedan.

cliff's notes:

shut the fuck up n00b.

dont flame us on here man, u forget u came to us for advice, we gave u it. learn how to drive, i dont care if u drove a fucking go-cart with 7hp when u were 9 or if u had a tonka truck. learning to drive is taking me time and ive been driving for 6+ years, and 1 of those ive been learning to race. so far ive dropped from 15.6-15.3-15.0 with the same setup, but my friend whos a professional driver, takes my car to 14.7 second passes. theres always room to get better.

Back