Car died need help asap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

weedwacker

ok so i have a 91 civc dx with a ls swap now the under dash wireing and engine wireing came out of a 88 crx si that had a b16 in it . now im driving the car an it dies so i pop the hood check the wireing to see if ne thing came un pluged or somthin nothin so i get in the car an it starts up an im only a block away from my house so i get home an let it sit for like 2 hours so i decide to drive it to my garage which is a mile an a half away from my house so i drive like a mile an it dies again pop the hood let it sit for a lil an it starts an i drive it to the garge . now the car will start for like 5 to 10 min the shut off then ill let it sit for like 5 or 10 min an itll start i pulled two plugs an its not getting spark then it is now my friend said it could be the coil so im going to get one . i jus got the car back from the kid i sold it to an the same thing happend to him an he took it to a garge an they put a new dizzy in it so idk what to do im stumped so if someone could help me out that would be alsome thanks

I can almost promise you that it's the coil or dist. When it starts to get hot or it cuts out. Like when you have a alt. that works but when it gets hot it stops charging. Honda dist. are magnetic pickup units. so its not really the same but. If the dist. is not reading the teath in the dist. and sending a signal to the ecu you will not have a spark. hence spark timing. find another dist, and barrow it for an afternoon \see if you fix your problem then buy a new one.

ok i have a coil im gona put in after work an im gona try to find a dist to use...but could somthin be makeing the dist or coil blow just wondering?

Back