Car Doesn't move?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MarkJimenez99

Hey guys. I just installed a brand new clutch, Throwout bearing and pressure plate. I also had to replace the drive axle because it was broken. After doing all this, I finally got a chance to test drive my car. It was working for awhile until I reached a hill.

I shifted into first gear and released the clutch. I heard something come out when I did this. Now I can't move again when I shift into gear. :blink: The car is still running and I don't hear any noises.

Everything sounds normal except that I cannot move. The pedal pressure is fine and I checked the clutch slave reservoir and it's still full.

Do you think it has anything to do with the clutch? I don't even hear it trying to engage anymore. :unsure: Or could it be the axle? Maybe it's not in all the way? It's not making any noises.

Any more ideas of what the problem could be? I would appreciate your help.

Hmmmm, do you think that it has to do with the release fork and the clutch slave cylinder? Maybe it's not connected properly? I still get pedal pressure. The clutch doesn't touch the flywheel at all when I try to engage it.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by EGLSHB@Dec 24 2003, 12:13 PM
if the axle pops out, a lot of the time the car won't move...

Yeah, but if it is out, shouldn't it be making some sort of noise? I hear no kind of noises whatsoever.

I just checked the release fork and slave cylinder. It's in right. So nobody can help? I don't know what the heck is goin on. I guess I'm gonna have to tear the tranny down again. :angry:

its not very hard to see if its the axle or not. have a friend look under the car and see if it spins or not when u try to let the clutch out and go. If it spins and car dont move then axle. if it no spin then has to be clutch. just go over everything u did.

Ok, so I had no choice, but to tear the tranny down again. I was kinda pissed because there was nothing wrong in there. So I decided to look at the clutch slave again. I asked my bro to push on the clutch pedal and to my surprise, fluid spurted out through a tiny rip in the boot.

:angry: Damn! I didn't see any leaks on the slave before. Oh well, at least I figured out the problem. So I'm gonna buy a new one today and hopefully, my car can move again. :roll:

:lol: Success! I finally got my baby running and working again. The passenger side axle was a Bitch to get in! I appreciate everyone's help on here.

Back