1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Doesn't move?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by MarkJimenez99, Dec 24, 2003.

1. MarkJimenez99

MarkJimenez99 Senior Member

Hey guys. I just installed a brand new clutch, Throwout bearing and pressure plate. I also had to replace the drive axle because it was broken. After doing all this, I finally got a chance to test drive my car. It was working for awhile until I reached a hill.

I shifted into first gear and released the clutch. I heard something come out when I did this. Now I can't move again when I shift into gear. :blink: The car is still running and I don't hear any noises.

Everything sounds normal except that I cannot move. The pedal pressure is fine and I checked the clutch slave reservoir and it's still full.

Do you think it has anything to do with the clutch? I don't even hear it trying to engage anymore. :unsure: Or could it be the axle? Maybe it's not in all the way? It's not making any noises.

Any more ideas of what the problem could be? I would appreciate your help.

2. MarkJimenez99

Hmmmm, do you think that it has to do with the release fork and the clutch slave cylinder? Maybe it's not connected properly? I still get pedal pressure. The clutch doesn't touch the flywheel at all when I try to engage it.

What do you guys think?

3. EGLSHB

EGLSHB Senior Member

if the axle pops out, a lot of the time the car won't move...

4. MarkJimenez99

Yeah, but if it is out, shouldn't it be making some sort of noise? I hear no kind of noises whatsoever.

5. MarkJimenez99

I just checked the release fork and slave cylinder. It's in right. So nobody can help? I don't know what the heck is goin on. I guess I'm gonna have to tear the tranny down again. :angry:

6. H22AdelSol

H22AdelSol Senior Member

its not very hard to see if its the axle or not. have a friend look under the car and see if it spins or not when u try to let the clutch out and go. If it spins and car dont move then axle. if it no spin then has to be clutch. just go over everything u did.

7. MarkJimenez99

Ok, so I had no choice, but to tear the tranny down again. I was kinda pissed because there was nothing wrong in there. So I decided to look at the clutch slave again. I asked my bro to push on the clutch pedal and to my surprise, fluid spurted out through a tiny rip in the boot.

:angry: Damn! I didn't see any leaks on the slave before. Oh well, at least I figured out the problem. So I'm gonna buy a new one today and hopefully, my car can move again. :roll:

8. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

cool... just make sure you bleed it properly

9. MarkJimenez99

:lol: Success! I finally got my baby running and working again. The passenger side axle was a Bitch to get in! I appreciate everyone's help on here.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted