car finally starts (b16a in ek)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

qtmac_mien

car finally starts up after swap...it has new dizzy wit new cap and rotor, wires, and plug...it idles like crazy from 1g to 3gs and so on...the problem is that it idles rough for a few min and dies...its starts back up but it dies after a few min of idle again..any ideas?

Originally posted by qtmac_mien@May 7 2005, 05:59 PM
car finally starts up after swap...it has new dizzy wit new cap and rotor, wires, and plug...it idles like crazy from 1g to 3gs and so on...the problem is that it idles rough for a few min and dies...its starts back up but it dies after a few min of idle again..any ideas?
[post=496384]Quoted post[/post]​

a sensor :lol:

Originally posted by qtmac_mien@May 7 2005, 06:16 PM
what sensor might that be?
[post=496392]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you getting any CELs? I'd start with those if you are.
If not, look for a vacuum line you forgot to hook up?
It sorta sounds like your temperature sensor might be broken/reading wrong, that happened on my 89 prelude, and when it would warm up, the computer would think it was over heating and shut off.
Also, since it seems to be timed, make sure your radiator fans are turning on?

Sounds to me like a IACV and checking to see if its trowning like he said. Are you hiting the gas pedal when it does this???let me know and ill help you the best i can.

ya boy steveo

ya i have to reconnect the SCS service check connector going to the ecu cuzz my friend cut it off to use the pin cuz he thought i didnt need it.. so wheni try to do the ecu trick thing my CEL wont blink...i need to connect back and ill get back to u guys later on to see wuts up...thanks for tryin to help.

i got my CEL to start blinking and the codes are 5 and 19 which is MAP sensor and Automatic transmission lockup control valve. Yes its a Auto ecu..i got it from my frend who had it in his Del Sol wit a manual b16..it runs fine in his car so im thinking the code 19 isnt the problem that it keeps dieing...i changed the MAP sensor 2x but it keeps throwin the same code..do i have to reset the ecu by pulling off the Neg on the battery??

Yes clear the codes with the way you said ^ there, and check the codes again.
Also make sure the map sensor wiring is all good and the connection to the ecu is good too, look for loose grounds etc.

you have to take the fuse out of the fuse in the engine compartment to clear the codes. you have to have it pulled out for atleast 10 seconds for the ecu to clear its self. do that and get a manual ecu and do it right. let me know if it clears.

ya boy steveo

Back