car fries ecu's like whoa

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LsB16CrxHF

h22a1 harness was made for me by rywire.com...the car first fried the p13 h22 ecu...then the battery fuse blew....we replacedi twith a lower amp fuse (50 instead of 80) and is started and idled fine on the sohc cx ecu with no map or egr plugged in...today we added a map and still left the egr unplugged...we hooked up the vac lines as the helms manual says...the map is off a 88 crx...sum1 on a forum told me all 88-2000 shud work the same....any ways when we went to start it the was a spark at the positive terminal...then we tried to crank it...it cranked...but not fuel or spark or wutever....and the ecu stank....the car is surging power to the ecu and i dont know what to do.....HELP

yea, more then likely its a wiring issue with the harness...

dont email a company, call the fuckers. if they dont have a #, dont do business with them

g/l nugget

if its not the harness, it could be anything you wired, a bad voltage regulator, etc etc.

sounds like your swap is half way done, and you're trying to start it-- never a good idea.

finish all your wiring.

hook up battery.

turn key to on.
wait 5 secs for CEL to go off.

if it doesn't, pull the code and find out whats up.

just cranking over on an unfinished wiring schematic is just outright stupid and should be avoided.

the wiring is finished...the car was never supposed to run egr and i didnt think the map was going to be a problem....as for my wiring i checked and rechecked everything i did...im lost at this point although the guys at rywire are trying to help me...so we'll see

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 15 2005, 11:02 AM
if its not the harness, it could be anything you wired, a bad voltage regulator, etc etc.

sounds like your swap is half way done, and you're trying to start it-- never a good idea.

finish all your wiring.

hook up battery.

turn key to on.
wait 5 secs for CEL to go off.

if it doesn't, pull the code and find out whats up.

just cranking over on an unfinished wiring schematic is just outright stupid and should be avoided.
[post=540230]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 15 2005, 01:26 PM
Why would the map not be a problem? All 3 of my motors run like ass with the map disconnected.
[post=540285]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: without tha MAP the shit will run all fu*?ed up...Trust me i know...lol
and for the ecu fuck*ng up, Like "PIssedbrAin" said if its not the harness it can be some other junk you hook up wrong....

Good Luck!

Back