Car goes lower in 1/4 by adjusting the distr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

I have 98 jdm GSR b18c swap into my hatch with basic bolts on. my best time was 14.7 stock and with basic bolts on like, 4-2-1 DC header, cold air intake, and full catback with OBX high flow cat I never break my stock time. Last weekend, I went to the track and the weather was like 40 something degree, cold as hell, perfect condition for racing and I never break my best time,14.7 although I did do high mph with these bolts on compare to stock, (95 mph and 92). I have my distributor advance all the way, so my cousing suggest that the reason I ran so slow with my set up is because I advance my distributor too far, and we did adjusted to the middle where those two lines lined up and I did a 15.9 running at 14.5 bracket. So, the guestion is...why I ran better with my distributor advance too far than put it back to where it belong. Well, after losing the bracket race, we did adjusted it back and when we get home, I use a timming gun and ajusted the timming bell to line up with the TDC=top death center. so, hopefully I did put it back correct. Now, racing is done for me, I am looking forward to do some snowboard racing until next season. any help on my distributor problem would help. thanks.

Back