Car Going Crazy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM-ED7

Firs I have a 90 civic Si and out of nowhere the car started bogging out and power cutting off. Also when the car is on just idling or driving and I turn on the lights to the seond click the rpms gauge just drops and the blinkers just dont light up how they normaly do, they just dim out. Any help is greatly appreciated thanx

I dont think its the alternator because the battery is still charged its just that when i turn on the lights the rpm gauge just drops and the temp gauge just junmps all the way up. Also I checked the car for a LED and its giving me 20 continuing blinks which would be ELD but i dont know where that is on a obd 0 car. I also was wondering if anyone knows if these are the simptoms of Limp Mode. So far I have swaped the ecu and the Dizzy with known working ones.

that means check your engine and ECU grounds...thats really the only way to cure an ELD code (from what ive seen)

well i got rid of the code 20 but my rpm gauge still drops when i turn on the lights and the temp gauge still goes all the way up. but the car runs great. anyone know what would cause this.And THANX for reminding me about the grounds, one of the ground that connect to the thermostat broke off.

i unno. id say check your timing. mine was off 6-8 degrees and even though the block registered at 180 degrees, i was in the red. now that my timing is fixed, the ECT registers at normal operating temp (this is a 92 prelude, so i cant tell you what temp it is...shitty digital gauges).

hey thanx for the help, but now i have come across another problem. The car had one ground missing like i had previously said but now at night my dad turned the car on and turned the lights on and they looked low so he started moving buttons on the dash and the lights got bright and then the car dies. We try starting it again and the car does nothing. The only thing that the car does is when you press the clutch to start it you hear all the relays in the car clicking and the lights on the cluster for the blinkers and the high beams go on with just a solid light. No starting and nothing happening, the car is giving me a code 20 again. I also press the hazards and nothing blinks no blinkers working at all. Anyone know what it could be.

My civic had this problem about 2 weeks ago and all it was is the ground wire i just added a nother ground to the battery and the car runs fine now

Have you checked you battery terminals? Are they tight and clean(no corrosion)?

Back